Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gatwick flights suspended after reports of drones over runway

Looks like its hit and miss with cards, I find Extreme pro works very well in the Typhoon, and all my DSLR.
Looks like it is. Even the card that came with my H suffered the pulsating effect and you'd think that Yuneec at least would supply one of their products with a card that produced good results? Anyway, I'll have to do some more testing but it looks like the Samsung EVO 64Gb U3 card has solved it for me......

Looks like it is. Even the card that came with my H suffered the pulsating effect and you'd think that Yuneec at least would supply one of their products with a card that produced good results? Anyway, I'll have to do some more testing but it looks like the Samsung EVO 64Gb U3 card has solved it for me......
I do find Samsung SSDs very good, let's hope it's all sorted.

Out of all the different brands I have used over the years, the Sandisk cards have been the most prone to go bad. Especially their micro sd cards.
That would probably go against the norm, with SanDisk usually performing the best.it probably one of the best, I've found Lexar excellent and Sony.

So for you folks living over there, any more news out of Gatwick or are they making it go away through silence?

The story got pushed hard to the general aviation media distributors over here to generate a little more concern with full scale pilots

So for you folks living over there, any more news out of Gatwick or are they making it go away through silence?

The story got pushed hard to the general aviation media distributors over here to generate a little more concern with full scale pilots
Nothing here today on the TV news or the BBC's website. It's like it's disappeared?

It’s kinda like a meeting in the Oval Office these days

Thus far I find the Gatwick incident to be an awful lot like how the media is being used to shape public opinion over here. No truth, no facts, no evidence, lots of fictional garbage, yet the public assumes the info they are being inundated with is sufficient to adopt a negative stance due to their own stupidity.

Reactions: snappy
Thus far I find the Gatwick incident to be an awful lot like how the media is being used to shape public opinion over here. No truth, no facts, no evidence, lots of fictional garbage, yet the public assumes the info they are being inundated with is sufficient to adopt a negative stance due to their own stupidity.
Bit like Brexit over here then.

Reactions: snappy and PatR
Reactions: Ren57
And apparently we are going to get a Minister for drones! That'll probably someone who knows FA about drones then.....

That's the way it works. As soon as there is any possibility there might be something that can be turned into a problem they start up a new government office, appoint a department head with zero knowledge or experience with the subject matter, and hire an additional 200 employees to staff the departement that know less than the department head. Immediately thereafter they hire 7 independent contractors to micro manage 12 different study groups that spend the next three years debating the frequency of meetings for scheduling. 10 years later the department has expanded to employ 1,800 people and not one decisive "finding" has yet to be developed by the study groups as they finally settled on the frequency of meetings only 2 months back. However, during that 10 year period 125 new regulations were issued to control an undefined problem, placing severe restrictions on an industry/activity they know nothing about.

What’s really troubling with all this can be summed up in the article mrgs1 linked to. After the local police slipped and released a statement there may have been no drones at all the MP’s pull them from the investigation. That action strongly implies the cause of airport closure was assigned to drones because that’s what government wanted people to believe and not what actually happened. The lie was accidentally exposed by an agency the government had less control over than a federal agency.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwalston