Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gatwick flights suspended after reports of drones over runway

What’s really troubling with all this can be summed up in the article mrgs1 linked to. After the local police slipped and released a statement there may have been no drones at all the MP’s pull them from the investigation. That action strongly implies the cause of airport closure was assigned to drones because that’s what government wanted people to believe and not what actually happened. The lie was accidentally exposed by an agency the government had less control over than a federal agency.
thats the way my conversation went today at work they let the truth slip and the government did not like it so they took them off the case
still waiting to here about the crashed drone as well funny was thinking they did a rush job on it with forensics ( but i put that down to a flyaway from months ago anyway )

Anyone can plant drugs, a gun, or a drone, they are all easy, with a small FPV drone fitting in an over coat pocket. We can hope government agencies will do the right thing but you’d have to be the village idiot to trust them to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrecker
nice share 1 of the comments is very interesting
"As of 2pm today there was nobody and no equipment on the terminal roof and I couldn't see the Thule roof box on a pole proportions to be drone dome anywhere in sight, had a good drive around the perimeter and couldn't see any coppers stood in fields looking for drones with peaked caps on that obscured their view of the sky, only thing I saw was one panda car parked down the west end of the runway where the plane nuts like to park and watch the planes come in, so whatever "threat" was overshadowing the airport, it's gone. "

any one live near Gatwick can back that up ???

Maybe I missed something reading about this damaged drone. For such a big development in this story, wouldn’t the first thing you would expect are pictures of this “damaged drone with fingerprints”. Not a single picture I can find. This further leads one to believe the airport closure was caused by something else.

Well the fingerprints don't match anyone, because it's not connected to that incident! Gets more stupid!
The plod have just admitted they they have found 2 drones but they are nothing to do with this investigation. Gatwick Chaos: Two Drones Found Nearby Airport 'Ruled Out Of Investigation' Also they have admitted that they (the plod) had their own drones flying there and that they were responsible for the one blurry video of a drone flying near Gatwicks north bus station.

So now they've introduced the possibility that any drones that might have caused an airport shutdown could have been those being operated by law enforcement or airport personnel. They might also be the owners of the two "found" drones.

So now they've introduced the possibility that any drones that might have caused an airport shutdown could have been those being operated by law enforcement or airport personnel. They might also be the owners of the two "found" drones.
LOL. Who knows, it's like a comedy pantomime.

The police have said the 2 crashed drones that they have found (still no pictures of them btw) are nothing to do with the drone sightings that closed the airport. So yes, they could be police drones! LOL! Maybe that's why we are getting no pictures of them? The police are usually very quick to show-off any evidence that they have recovered.....

Other things that may not be anything to do with this blundering event but are however quite ironic. 1. Many UK airports actually use the services of professional drone operators to perform inspections of airport infrastructure. 2. The press (our illustrious main stream media) are not unknown to use drones to obtain pictures. Just seems ironic to me that the very people that are giving us such a hard time at the moment, actually use drones for their own purposes.

Don't worry guys, I've found the answer. Gatwick was closed because of Planet X !
Of all the hatstand conspiracy nutters I've seen on this incident, this one is my favourite.

I hope law enforcement quickly tighten the rules for visiting planets and invisible rays of bullsh*t so that they must keep 5 km away from airports.

Reactions: Ren57 and Ty Pilot
Sigh... if only that Curly, Larry and Moe were still alive to do a movie about it... :(

to do surveillance activity that would be classed as commercial use the British drone law has many problems with its wording
also there is no law to stop anybody from taking pictures of anybody or anybody's property from any camera including drones on public land
funny Birmingham comes under that as well with there IT crash on the 23rd December

Disgraceful, worrying proposals, if not entirely unexpected... I think they are the 2nd council I have heard of that are trying to do this. I would encourage anyone here in that area to get down to council meetings and get their voice heard asap. I'd offer a demonstration session as well, so that councillors can hear for themselves how little of an annoyance they are, and how little privacy is threatened by people appearing 3 pixels high in the footage ! :) I might also repost this on the MavicPilots forum as they have a much bigger membership, and probably more members locally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66