Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

General Typhoon Development/hacking question

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I own a couple other drones and I like to modify them and build custom applications to run on them such as 3dr solo and ar parrot. My question is I am thinking about getting a typhoon but does anyone know how easy it is to develop custom applications? Is there a developer site or anything like that? Finding information about this type of work so far has been difficult and I am hoping someone here might be able to point me to a good resource. Thanks in advance.

R
Joe

Hmmm.......the Yuneec systems are not open source, so It would be difficult to develop. The only app is for controlling the camera while it's mounted on the steady grip. The only way to fly any Yuneec aircraft is with the controller.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I own a couple other drones and I like to modify them and build custom applications to run on them such as 3dr solo and ar parrot. My question is I am thinking about getting a typhoon but does anyone know how easy it is to develop custom applications? Is there a developer site or anything like that? Finding information about this type of work so far has been difficult and I am hoping someone here might be able to point me to a good resource. Thanks in advance.

R
Joe

I would be interested in this also, keep us informed if you find
anything or write your own code if this is possible.

DJI Phantom puts out a SDK (software development kit) for there drones
as do many others, so there are many 3rd party app's.

One app called Autopilot I believe has written there own code to control the Phantom
so it can do tricks and override settings that no other app can.
Maybe some guru can do the same for the H.

I will probably be getting an H next month and would love to see some 3rd
party app's come available and add to the software that comes with it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval