Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Geo Fence and Altitude Limits

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been doing quite a bit of research to answer my questions about this, but need to confirm. With the current Feb. 17' firmware updates considered can you adjust your altitude limits and geo fence limits in GUI? Also confirming that the geo fence is only restricting flight in Smart mode and is not available in Angle mode? Finally did Yuneec do away with the NFZ restriction? TIA!

Yes, both can be adjusted, and the geo fence applies to Smart Mode only. NFZ restrictions still apply unless you signed a waiver and got an unlock code from Yuneec.

In smart mode the altitude and distance of the geo fence is applied.
In angle mode only the altitude is applied.

In smart mode the altitude and distance of the geo fence is applied.
In angle mode only the altitude is applied.

The altitude you set for angle via GUI if you want more than default. For sure we have control over altitude again and the 400' limitation is gone with new firmware. I opted to leave smart defaults alone as I don't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The altitude you set for angle via GUI if you want more than default. For sure we have control over altitude again and the 400' limitation is gone with new firmware. I opted to leave smart defaults alone as I don't use it.

Yes, but to be clear, whatever is set in the GUI for altitude will be applied in both Smart and Angle mode.

Yes, but to be clear, whatever is set in the GUI for altitude will be applied in both Smart and Angle mode.

Right...it's the horizontal distance that I think is probably a good thing to keep short. I'm curious if I'm out 1000 feet away straight on and my smart max distance hypothetically is 500' and I switch from angle to smart, will it fly back 500' to edge of my fence or ignore the change? That could be a problem if I'm doing lower flight through trees etc..

Right...it's the horizontal distance that I think is probably a good thing to keep short. I'm curious if I'm out 1000 feet away straight on and my smart max distance hypothetically is 500' and I switch from angle to smart, will it fly back 500' to edge of my fence or ignore the change? That could be a problem if I'm doing lower flight through trees etc..

It won't fly back but it will only let you fly toward the controller. You can stop but you can't fly farther away.

Ok, that makes sense. Before I understood green heading arrow, I flew out where I lost bearing for forward direction. I realized I was still moving away and started panicking. I then remembered that smart is header less and switched up and just pulled the stick back until I could determine true heading.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my