Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting telemetry data

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope this thread finds you all well.

I'm a new Typhoon H user - and loving it!
But as newbie to drones unsure how to get telemetry data onto my Mac?
(I don't own a PC or have access to Windows).

I've seen DJI users upload data, convert to Google map routes etc., so just wondered if there are any 3rd party software/apps that I can use, either on my ST16 or my Mac?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,
I've seen DJI users upload data, convert to Google map routes etc., so just wondered if there are any 3rd party software/apps that I can use, either on my ST16 or my Mac?
Thanks in advance!
Have you tried connecting the ST16 to the Mac using the USB charging cable?

Hi Steve,
Yes, it 'connects' in the sense that the ST16 see's it as a power supply (i.e. starts charging) but no sign of the ST16 on the desktop, plus no sign of it in 'Disk Utility'.

I've an app' called 'TunesGo' (an Android transfer utility) which see's & shows the folders from the ST16 on the desktop (Image 1), then if you double-click on the 'FlightLog' folder (Image 2), double click on a telemetry/cvs file (Image 3) and finally it will open up in Excel (Image 4) with a mass of data but clearly not in a format/context that makes it readily digestible.

Hence the query to see if there's anything out there that will do all of this automatically.

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    875.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Image 3.png
    Image 3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Image 4.png
    Image 4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
I use both Mac and Windows. I find the easiest thing for me is to just copy the telemetry files from the ST16 to an SD card, instructions in the link...
How to access Telemetry Data on ST16
Then I just read the SD card in my Mac. If you have a newer Mac without an SD card reader, just plug in an external to the USB.

To analyse FlightLog data (not only telemetry) there is a tool, which is now also available for MAC OS X.
MAC OS X: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_EN.dmg.zip
Description: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

Do not open a file but the whole FlightLog directory. Better to copy it to MAC first.
But the files should never be saved with Excel or something like that. Those apps often destroys csv data.

"q500log2kml" is not only for Yuneec Q500 but also for Blade Chroma, Blade 350QX, Typhoon H, H920 and Breeze. All Yuneec copter except H520. H520 is not Yunnec but Pixhawk.

See description for more details.

br HE

Reactions: Bigfire34
Hi have you tried UAVToolbox. You can install the app on the controller and when you have registered an account with them you can just click on a link in the app and it automatically uploads the flight data and also any photographs or videos to the web. You can then view them or edit them from your web browser. It is already set up for the ST16 controller. This is the link UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone