Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Help... H Plus flight Log Data

RPR

Reaction score
UPDATE: How on to extract and read H Plus flight Log Data. by @DoomMeister

1) Build a file structure similar to ST-16S

Flight2Log--|
|- Remote
|- RemoteGPS
|- Sensor
|- Telemetry

2) Place the proper file in each folder, then point the Q500log2kml program to the Flight2Log folder and it will find the files.

3) You can also use the File Manager on the ST-16S to zip the entire Flight2Log folder then transfer that file to your PC.
Point Q500log2kml to the Flight2Log folder.
The first tab is overview and it will show info for each file and let you know at a glance which are flights, how far, how high, total distance, etc. Then pick a file and click the second tab for more details. While there you can switch between telemetry, Remote, and RemoteGPS for display.

Hello gang,

I need help in locating my stick inputs in H Plus, where and what should I be looking at?
Reason that I am asking, because during my 3rd flight the H+ stalled for a good few seconds, without any stick inputs while I was doing progressive survey. I toggled RTH it did not respond, and not responding to the gimbal. It was a total loss of RC, and I want to know, if can figure out what happened on that particular event through my telemetry. Is it possible? Also if you guys are also willing to help understand Q500 Log, specially on where to find anomalies and decipher my data, below is my telemetry.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Telemetry_00037.csv.zip
    188.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: weajr
@RPR

We need the Remote and Remote_GPS files for 00037 to know what was going on with the ST-16S.

The Sensor file would also show any FC errors (you have to check time stamps to get the right Sensor file - they don't always match in file number like they did on the H480's)

@RPR

We need the Remote and Remote_GPS files for 00037 to know what was going on with the ST-16S.

The Sensor file would also show any FC errors (you have to check time stamps to get the right Sensor file - they don't always match in file number like they did on the H480's)

Here they are.

Attachments

• Remote_00037.csv.zip
    110.3 KB · Views: 7
  • RemoteGPS_00037.csv.zip
    42.5 KB · Views: 7
Just looking at Telemetry file I found a couple of lapses in recording.

The first at 09:24:22.9 to 09:24:28.9 for a full 6 seconds of telemetry loss (Angle mode)
There were several small .5 to 1 second lapses 09:26:00 through 09:26:06.7 (Sport mode)
Then at 09:26:07.3 to 09:26:11.5 for 4.2 seconds of telemetry loss (Sport mode)
In all instances fskRssi values were in the -70db range

I'll see what i can find in the remote file at those times.

During the first telemetry outage a full forward pitch command was initiated at 09:24:26.1 that lasted until 09:24:51.2 with a change from Angle mode to Sport mode at 09:24:43.1. The rate slider must have been at a position less than full rabbit as speed was around 4m/s in Angle and 8m/s in Sport mode.

f_mode-RC_pitch-AC_pitch.png
fMode - 5 is Angle w/GPS, 7 is Sport w/GPS
RC pitch - back < 2048 neutral < forward
AC pitch - positive value is nose up (Backward flight), negative is nose down (Forward flight)

fskRssi-RC_roll-AC_roll.png
fskRssi - radio signal level in dBi- more negative is weaker signal
RC roll - left < 2048 neutral < right
AC roll - + value move left, - value move right

tas-RC_yaw-AC_yaw.png
tas - true airspeed in meters/sec
RC_yaw - left < 2048 neutral < right
AC_yaw - magnetic heading of aircraft

RC_throttle-RC_cam_tilt-RC_cam_pan.png
RC_throttle - descend < 2048 neutral < ascend
RC_cam_tilt - 683 horizontal 0 deg, 3413 full down -90 deg
RC_cam_pan - rotate left < 2048 neutral < rotate right

The above charts are from the same span of time during the flight and encompass the lapses in the telemetry file. You can compare the RC inputs to the reaction of the AC.

RPR, I saw breaks in the telemetry, but I'm not noticing a lack of response to control inputs in this file. The Pan control was left in the neutral position through out the flight and the only flight mode changes were Angle to Sport and back to Angle. Double check that this is the right file for what you experienced.

Here is the flight in Google Earth and the kml is uploaded so you can run it in Google Earth yourself (just remove the .txt)
RPR Waterfront contruction.jpg

Attachments

• Telemetry00037.kml.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I appreciate you @DoomMeister

I am looking that them now.

I never see a switch to RTH in the 00037 file and this looks like a straight out and back from near the slips out over the new construction then back near the launch site with movement back and forth around the boat slips before coming in to land. I’m not sure this is the file for the problem you stated in the 1st post of the thread.

I never see a switch to RTH in the 00037 file and this looks like a straight out and back from near the slips out over the new construction then back near the launch site with movement back and forth around the boat slips before coming in to land. I’m not sure this is the file for the problem you stated in the 1st post of the thread.

I toggled on the RTH, even on other knobs, and and my sticks, the drone did not respond for a few seconds. I switch on sport, OBS, even the landing gear.

I am looking at my files, as we speak and that’s the only files that I can see that it went in the pit. I will look again, and I will also load today’s file in google earth.

When I try to load the RemoteGPS the program does not recognize the folder.

If you are doing them separaely you need to build the same file structure that is on the ST-16S.
Flight2Log--|
|- Remote
|- RemoteGPS
|- Sensor
|- Telemetry

place the proper file in each folder, then point the Q500log2kml program to the Flight2Log folder and it will find the files.

You can use the File Manager on the ST-16S to zip the entire Flight2Log folder then transfer that file to your PC. Point Q500log2kml to the Flight2Log folder. The first tab is overview and it will show info for each file and let you know at a glance which are flights, how far, how high, total distance, etc. Then pick a file and click the second tab for more details. While there you can switch between telemetry, Remote, and RemoteGPS for display.

You can use the File Manager on the ST-16S to zip the entire Flight2Log folder then transfer that file to your PC. Point Q500log2kml to the Flight2Log folder. The first tab is overview and it will show info for each file and let you know at a glance which are flights, how far, how high, total distance, etc. Then pick a file and click the second tab for more details. While there you can switch between telemetry, Remote, and RemoteGPS for display.

BINGO! I got it.....

I see what you are talking about now @DoomMeister Now, I’m more intrigued and wondering of why it stalled for a few seconds, with loss of RC.

I am also glad that I’m now able to see the channels, because on this site I fly on a selectable mode CH10 and or CH20 with my inspire. And this also opened the Pandora’s box for me.

Thanks a millie. STEVE!!!!

IMG_1554609871.534180.jpg

You were flying at a harbor. Any chance one or more of the boats there had a rotating radar antenna moving? Although not as strong as military stuff civilian boat radar might interfere with a relatively weak RC signal.

You were flying at a harbor. Any chance one or more of the boats there had a rotating radar antenna moving? Although not as strong as military stuff civilian boat radar might interfere with a relatively weak RC signal.

No radar, although Coast Guard is smack 120ft on the adjacent side of the water, but they doesn’t pose a problem. This is my 3rd fight the first two flights was a successful mission.

Question, since you have flown and build sUAS, in the years of you flying the H and H Plus, have you ever went into the “Flight Controller" mode and try to understand on how to change the parameters?

Last edited:
Here is the documentation on the Q500log2km program modified by me, with examples from this form. I hope it helps U understand how it works, it is a Very Good program [Q500log2km] written by Mr. Helmut Elsner. He has work very hard on this to help everyone and I hope he continues. So, it is a work in process! because he has NO help from YUNEEC.

Attachments

• Q500log2kml4.1cho.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: h-elsner
Which parameters? I have poked through the curves and rate settings, considered reassigning a few things, but changed my mind as the H worked near perfectly for what I was using it for.

I have found their tel files to be at best disorganized and in my mind a little short in decimal point demarcation. Their GPS format is different from pretty much the way other companies format coordinates, which is a pita as they often need a little tweak to use them in Google Earth and be accurate.

Note: I have not flown the H Plus. Until they get their firmware issues handled I don’t feel it’s ready for prime time. With the H there was an appearance of firmware issues, but having two of them I had two opportunities with every update for something to go wrong. Something did just once but that was a device recognition issue solved forever by using the Team mode setting instead of the tilt process to enter bind mode to discover the aircraft and bind after an update.

As every update functioned correctly in each H I came to the conclusion the updates were fine but a few users weren’t following directions, causing themselves problems. I’m a firm believer in using only things that always work, avoiding things that periodically introduce difficult to resolve glitches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Here is the documentation on the Q500log2km program modified by me, with examples from this form. I hope it helps U understand how it works, it is a Very Good program [Q500log2km] written by Mr. Helmut Elsner. He has work very hard on this to help everyone and I hope he continues. So, it is a work in process! because he has NO help from YUNEEC.

Thank you, so much. Very useful and informative

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18