Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi 7000 mAh Battery

Reaction score
I did get one of this recently. On the first flight it flew almost 18 minutes but after that it gives me same amount of time as the Yuneec batteries give or take a few seconds.
I am charging this using the charger that comes with the H. I now suspect that It does not charge the Gifi above 5400 mAh. Can someone confirm this? If this is the case then I have to invest in the lipo charger adapter cable for this battery.

I did get one of this recently. On the first flight it flew almost 18 minutes but after that it gives me same amount of time as the Yuneec batteries give or take a few seconds.
I am charging this using the charger that comes with the H. I now suspect that It does not charge the Gifi above 5400 mAh. Can someone confirm this? If this is the case then I have to invest in the lipo charger adapter cable for this battery.

I understand your line of reasoning. I have a 7K battery and also a 3rd party charger. I believe the stock charger charges to voltage, not current. I have also noticed that if any 1 or 2 of the 4 individual cells hits their maximum voltage (4.2), charging terminates, tho the overall voltage may be only 16.75 or whatever.

I find after 8-10 cycles that the 7K battery can give a minute or two more time. It is cheaper. The stock battery is probably more than 5400 and the 7K may be less than 7K. Another of the mysteries of our drone world.

I also have other batteries, even LIHV's, and a battery tray to accommodate their longer lengths. I have flown 22-23 minutes with them. However, taking targeted, pre-planned videos, I find I never need more than 15 minutes or so of raw footage.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I understand your line of reasoning. I have a 7K battery and also a 3rd party charger. I believe the stock charger charges to voltage, not current. I have also noticed that if any 1 or 2 of the 4 individual cells hits their maximum voltage (4.2), charging terminates, tho the overall voltage may be only 16.75 or whatever.

I find after 8-10 cycles that the 7K battery can give a minute or two more time. It is cheaper. The stock battery is probably more than 5400 and the 7K may be less than 7K. Another of the mysteries of our drone world.

I also have other batteries, even LIHV's, and a battery tray to accommodate their longer lengths. I have flown 22-23 minutes with them. However, taking targeted, pre-planned videos, I find I never need more than 15 minutes or so of raw footage.

Good luck to you.
Exactly right Ray. Once a cell hits 4.2 volts you can't force feed more watts into it. If you were to continue charging past that point the battery would probably overheat and then it would go in the trash.

That seems contrary to what balanced charging is all about. Balanced charging tries to get all of the cells as close as possible to the same voltage. If one or more cells hit their max voltage, the charger should begin to discharge those cells while the other cells catch up... at least that is my understanding of how that works. Not sure how the Yuneec charger works but I would think its similar.

Reactions: Subtle Shots
That seems contrary to what balanced charging is all about. Balanced charging tries to get all of the cells as close as possible to the same voltage. If one or more cells hit their max voltage, the charger should begin to discharge those cells while the other cells catch up... at least that is my understanding of how that works. Not sure how the Yuneec charger works but I would think its similar.
I agree and was thinking the same. The lipo chargers that i have do something similar. Also yuneec chargers dont seem to have an option to discharge the batteries for storage or transportation. Having to use the H to dischrge the battery to a spcific voltage seems to be a bad idea as the cells may not be evenly discharged. Everything about this charge/discharge seems to the things I made sure i didnt do with my other R/C lipos.

I have two of the GIFI Batteries for my Typhoon 4k. Love them. Better than stock. One thing I have found out is the first 5-10 charge cycles do not push them hard. Another words run them till voltage gets down to about 50%. Then recharge. Do this about 5-10 times helps break them in and suppose to make them last a long time. I have read that the Typhoon H has proprietary battery connection compared to 4k batteries having standard EC3. If you can get an adapter from Frank then an after market battery charger would make life easier.

Does the Typhoon H Stock Battery Charger even do true Balance Charging?

Have the Graupner Polaron EX Charger Combo, a GiFi 7000 and the 5400s and have the adapter for them. I can also charge the st16 batter, so will get a extra batter for the st16 soon. EX works great on all my lipo or any battery that needs to be balance, set for storage or any other status.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval