Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi 7000 mAh battery

I did purchase the dongle and have played with the program and will agree it is smart to practice as much as possible.
After reading quite a bit about the H I am wondering why people fly untill they get the low alarm?
Paying attention to the readouts is, in my opinion, a better way to fly.
It is almost like driving a car until it is on empty before looking to refuel. I am a quarter tank guy and so far so good.
I agree. I start thinking of landing as soon as the battery hits below 15.0. Sometimes the first low alarm will go off, and sometimes it won't. Waited too long once and it almost died before it landed. I still get about 15 minutes total flight time this way, depending on temperature and winds.

I did purchase the dongle and have played with the program and will agree it is smart to practice as much as possible.
After reading quite a bit about the H I am wondering why people fly untill they get the low alarm?
Paying attention to the readouts is, in my opinion, a better way to fly.
It is almost like driving a car until it is on empty before looking to refuel. I am a quarter tank guy and so far so good.

In many people's defense, including my own until a few months ago, it's Yuneec's fault people fly until the first, and even the second battery warning. They put out a video, (which a watched many of before even taking to the skies) that literally tells you only to bring it in closer to you at the first low battery warning, so until you get into these forums and start learning who the more experienced people are to listen to, as a newbie, you really believe you should listen to the maker of the H. I have learned since, that they put our quite a few bad advice videos.
If you look on their page, under videos, they have one on battery management. That's where he says only to bring it in closer. I really wish they would remove or edit at least 3 or 4 different videos because many of us came on here looking like idiots that didn't do our homework when nothing could be further from the truth. Just bad advice from the people we ignorantly thought we could trust until learning from the wiser people on here that it isn't always the case.

Its not all about capacity chaps.
LiPo batteries also come in different discharge capacities.
You can get a 7000Mah LiPo that discharges at a slow rate when Max Power is requested or a 7000Mah LiPo that discharges very quickly on the same demand.
High discharge batteries are used for stunt aircraft and helis.
High discharge get VERY hot and are completely unsuitable for the enclosed batt tray on the H.

The discharge rate is called a 'C' rating.

Discharge current C rating describes how quickly a battery can be discharged. A 3000mAh Lithium polymer battery with C rating of 1C continuous would mean it should not be discharged any faster than 3000mA (3A), which would take one hour. A 2000mAh pack rated for 5C continuous would be able to discharge at 5 times its capacity (5 x 3000mA = 15000mA or 15A) at which rate it would discharge in 1/5th of an hour. Using a pack with a higher C rating than you require will leave some room for safety, and extend the life of your lithium polymer battery.

Continuous Current
If you know how much continuous current will be drawn and the capacity of the pack you want to use, you can easily determine what C rating you require. If you are drawing 5A from a 2000mAh pack, simply take the current and divide by the capacity: 5A = 5000mA, 5000mA / 2000mAh = 2.5C.

Burst Current
Lithium polymer battery is also given a C rating in terms of burst, which is how quickly the battery is able to discharge for a short time. A burst rating of 10C would mean a 3000mAh battery could supply 10 x 3000mA = 30000mA or 30A for a few seconds.

To select the Best lithium polymer battery for your RC helicopter
To select a battery for your RC helicopter, you first need to know what voltage you require and how much current you will be drawing continuously. If the motor in your RC helicopter is rated to work with 14.8V, you would need a 4 cell battery. If you need to draw 10A, and you would like your RC helicopter to have a 10 minute (1/6th of an hour = 6C) flight, you would need a battery with 10A / 6 = 1.7A = 1700mAh. This means you would need to put a 3s 1700mAh battery with a C rating of 6 or higher in your RC helicopter.

SIMPLE ISNT IT !!!!!!!

Reactions: Jester
Its not all about capacity chaps.
LiPo batteries also come in different discharge capacities.
You can get a 7000Mah LiPo that discharges at a slow rate when Max Power is requested or a 7000Mah LiPo that discharges very quickly on the same demand.
High discharge batteries are used for stunt aircraft and helis.
High discharge get VERY hot and are completely unsuitable for the enclosed batt tray on the H.

The discharge rate is called a 'C' rating.

Discharge current C rating describes how quickly a battery can be discharged. A 3000mAh Lithium polymer battery with C rating of 1C continuous would mean it should not be discharged any faster than 3000mA (3A), which would take one hour. A 2000mAh pack rated for 5C continuous would be able to discharge at 5 times its capacity (5 x 3000mA = 15000mA or 15A) at which rate it would discharge in 1/5th of an hour. Using a pack with a higher C rating than you require will leave some room for safety, and extend the life of your lithium polymer battery.

Continuous Current
If you know how much continuous current will be drawn and the capacity of the pack you want to use, you can easily determine what C rating you require. If you are drawing 5A from a 2000mAh pack, simply take the current and divide by the capacity: 5A = 5000mA, 5000mA / 2000mAh = 2.5C.

Burst Current
Lithium polymer battery is also given a C rating in terms of burst,
which is how quickly the battery is able to discharge for a short time. A burst rating of 10C would mean a 3000mAh battery could supply 10 x 3000mA = 30000mA or 30A for a few seconds.

To select the Best lithium polymer battery for your RC helicopter
To select a battery for your RC helicopter, you first need to know what voltage you require and how much current you will be drawing continuously. If the motor in your RC helicopter is rated to work with 14.8V, you would need a 4 cell battery. If you need to draw 10A, and you would like your RC helicopter to have a 10 minute (1/6th of an hour = 6C) flight, you would need a battery with 10A / 6 = 1.7A = 1700mAh. This means you would need to put a 3s 1700mAh battery with a C rating of 6 or higher in your RC helicopter.

SIMPLE ISNT IT !!!!!!!

Ya, totally simple. I'm going to blame my eyes glazing over and rolling back in my head on the fact that I'm only halfway through my first cup of coffee, and come back to read this after, apparently 10 -12 more cups. I'm sure it'll be fine then. Good info though, Thanks. I've read some very informative posts on lipo's but I don't think any got into the stuff you just did. I think I'm a pretty smart guy with most things, but lipo's and their properties are one of those things that just doesn't click as quickly for me, as it appears to with others, but the more I read and the longer it sinks in, or the more angles people explain it from, the better. Thanks again.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sao789ph