Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GiFi 7000 mAh battery

Reaction score
I have 2 GiFi 7000 mAh batteries. Today I used them for the first time. Both flights went great and I got about 18 mins from start up to landing. When I removed the batteries from the H I noticed that they get hotter than the factory batteries after a flight. Does anybody use these batteries and noticed this? Is this normal because they are a higher mAh battery or because it was their first use?

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
I have 2 GiFi 7000 mAh batteries. Today I used them for the first time. Both flights went great and I got about 18 mins from start up to landing. When I removed the batteries from the H I noticed that they get hotter than the factory batteries after a flight. Does anybody use these batteries and noticed this? Is this normal because they are a higher mAh battery or because it was their first use?
Not because they are new - but because they have a higher capacity and used in the same enclosed space as the factory batteries. How much longer fly-time did you get? If any measurable?

Not because they are new - but because they have a higher capacity and used in the same enclosed space as the factory batteries. How much longer fly-time did you get? If any measurable?

About the same flight time aprox 18 mins. I have 4 batteries, the 2 that came with my H and I purchased 2 GiFi 7000 mAh. They are all still still like new. I only have about 4 flight each on the Yuneec batteries and 1 flight each on the GiFi. I have read several articals that said they all have to be cycles 10 or so times to before they reach their full capacity. The flight times should go up a min or so. After reading that some others are only getting 12 -14 mins flight times I am happy with 18 mins.

(History). I bought my H around Sept. of last year and I upgraded the firmware to the current firmware before my first flight. On my 2 maiden flights I had issues with erratic flight stability, continuous GPS and compass warnings and the H trying to flip over after landing. Luckily nothing happened and I didn't flight it again until after I sent it in to Yuneec to be checked. I sent it in and Yuneec replaced the GPS/Compass module and the upper cover, which I guess houses the GPS antenna. They did a 26 point check flight ( they include a copy the check list they used for the test flight). I have flown it 4 times since I got it back, in the same place I flew it the first time with the problems. I am very happy to say that all 4 flights were perfect. It was rock solid in flight and it would hold position in a hover even in gusting winds. I haven't had one GPS or compass in any of my 4 flights since getting it back. When Yuneec releases the next firmware update I will be waiting at least several months before upgrading to make sure it's ok. Even then, depending on the added features, I might not up grade it. I fly for fun and my H is flying perfect ( just like my Q500 does).

Reactions: donmcw
how it can be that the 5400 and the 7000 have the same flight time ?
7000mah is not correct or the 5400mah is not correct ?
The difference should be min 3 minutes.

what is the weight of the different batteries? Sometimes the larger capacity battery weighs more and can cancel any extra flight time

Reactions: MarioH
The stock H batteries are probably 6300 ma but mislabeled for a specific reason.

The elevated temp with the 7000 ma battery is a concern. The GPS and compass sits right above the battery and heat rises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much reason to go with this batter, then... I have 4 stock H batteries and I've gotten 17 minutes out of each by the time I get my first alarm. That said, I most usually land at 4.6...a solid 16 minute flight just to extend battery life.

Reactions: Bullhorn1976
Also, like has been mentioned before on this forum... it appears Yuneec is very conservative on their battery rating.

Got it. I usually land about 14.8 as that is 20% left and doesn't stress the batteries.
I see your avatar says photo, are you in the business or a hobbiest?

"I most usually land at 4.6." What does that mean?
When your Typhoon H battery voltage meter readout from your ST16 reaches 4.6, most experienced pilots agree that pushing your battery below that level regularly will decrease your overall battery life. However, I do agree that IF the weight of these new batteries is at least the same as the H, they may well be worth buying due to the cheaper price.

When your Typhoon H battery voltage meter readout from your ST16 reaches 4.6, most experienced pilots agree that pushing your battery below that level regularly will decrease your overall battery life. However, I do agree that IF the weight of these new batteries is at least the same as the H, they may well be worth buying due to the cheaper price.

Yes... Sorry I misspoke. 14.6, not 4.6... damned spell check!

Got it. I usually land about 14.8 as that is 20% left and doesn't stress the batteries.
I see your avatar says photo, are you in the business or a hobbiest?
hi, John I am in the business with my drone.

Good for you. I think it is pretty competetive with so many digital cameras and quads and hex's nowdays.
Years ago just flying a radio controlled airplane would bring a crowd to watch. Nowdays you might need to take turns when flying.
Scattered rain and gusty winds here so no flying today.
Probably a good time to re-read the manual and play with the ST16.......

Good for you. I think it is pretty competetive with so many digital cameras and quads and hex's nowdays.
Years ago just flying a radio controlled airplane would bring a crowd to watch. Nowdays you might need to take turns when flying.
Scattered rain and gusty winds here so no flying today.
Probably a good time to re-read the manual and play with the ST16.......

For these days I bought the UAV-usb stick. This way I can train extreme flying the H without damage to the copter near central heating... :)

Cheers

Reactions: Jester
I did purchase the dongle and have played with the program and will agree it is smart to practice as much as possible.
After reading quite a bit about the H I am wondering why people fly untill they get the low alarm?
Paying attention to the readouts is, in my opinion, a better way to fly.
It is almost like driving a car until it is on empty before looking to refuel. I am a quarter tank guy and so far so good.

I did purchase the dongle and have played with the program and will agree it is smart to practice as much as possible.
After reading quite a bit about the H I am wondering why people fly untill they get the low alarm?
Paying attention to the readouts is, in my opinion, a better way to fly.
It is almost like driving a car until it is on empty before looking to refuel. I am a quarter tank guy and so far so good.

What I found the most useful on the simulator is the challenges with the floating cube. Try those. It will teach you touch and finesse with the controls, and a bit of orientation.

The 7000 batteries you have may have a lower c rating which means more resistance which means more heat.

Tom

I have flown a 7000 GiFi battery (from Car. Dronz) about 15 times now. The weight is about the same as the Std battery, maybe even a bit lighter. Flight times up to a minute longer, hover test. No hotter than other batteries under similar conditions. I typically fly from 16.8 to 14.3.
Unloaded, the 14.3 becomes 14.6 to 14.7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba