Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal calibration ?

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I will soon be receiving two items to add to my H arsenal...

1) I hope to receive by the end of the year, a tablet that I can successfully use with the CGO3 app for Android,
and thereby start using the Action Grip.

2) I will soon receive a 2nd H and will be immediately upgrading the camera with a 8.25 Peau lens.

So, since for the use of both cameras on the Typhoon, as well as using the ActionGrip, I will be regularly
removing and resetting one of the cameras on the bird.

Would it be correct to assume that I should calibrate the gimbal ever time I reset the CGO3 onto the H?

Probably not.
I have removed my camera many times without calibrating it.
Should only need to do the calibration if you notice the camera is not level or does not move correctly. Remember to have the H on a level surface when you calibrate it.

Of greater concern is assuring the contacts points remain clean. The gimbals seem to retain calibration if they are not knocked about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would a rubber eraser be good for cleaning the contacts... or a chamois type cloth?
I also know that I need to keep an eye on keeping the contacts on the H from getting
pushed down and potentially losing firm connection with the gimbal.

I believe if you use alcohol wipes or 90% Isopropyl Alcohol on the contacts it should clean them the best especially being that they are metal. I say this because when I had issues with my Canon printer telling me that my printer ink cartridge carrier was NOT connected to my printer Canon told me to wipe all the contacts (that are made of most likely the same metal from the looks of it anyway) with alcohol wipes & after doing that I haven't had issues since. I think using an eraser you may run the risk of leaving residual bits on or around the contacts that could possibly put a space/gap in between the gimbal contacts & your H/STeadygrip contacts that eventually may lead to non consistent contact of the points so IE could be out flying & lose all visual signal from your camera & rather it being from long range loss of contact it may end up that it just isn't connecting firmly enough to your H. A chamois or other cloth will only clean off any visual dust or debris but it wont really clean the contacts. The wipes will remove the oxidation from the metal contacts so they'll appear shiny like new each time.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
91% Isopropyl it is then! Thanks!

If you are up to the expense you can buy pure alcohol for use with electrical cleaning purposes but the 80-90% stuff works just fine for everyone except engineers. You really don't want to be pushing hard on the spring contacts. BTW, that alcohol works great on the retract contacts and camera lens too.

If you are up to the expense you can buy pure alcohol for use with electrical cleaning purposes but the 80-90% stuff works just fine for everyone except engineers. You really don't want to be pushing hard on the spring contacts. BTW, that alcohol works great on the retract contacts and camera lens too.

You can also rub gently on the connectors with a #2 pencil eraser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson