Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal Goes Crazy

Reaction score
I have been having this intermittent problem for a while. The drone and camera start up normal. After a couple of minutes the gimbal goes nuts and yaws and pitches the camera around stupid fast. I have tried to get a video of the action but when I have a camera ready, it never happens. It is a little scary when it happens during a flight, but so far I have managed to land the bird when it has happened. Anyone else seen this behavior?

I have been having this intermittent problem for a while. The drone and camera start up normal. After a couple of minutes the gimbal goes nuts and yaws and pitches the camera around stupid fast. I have tried to get a video of the action but when I have a camera ready, it never happens. It is a little scary when it happens during a flight, but so far I have managed to land the bird when it has happened. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Yeah, I've seen it on some videos on a Facebook group. In case of being the same, it was a software version problem. Do you have everything updated to the latest version?

The last time it happened was just after I updated everything on Wednesday afternoon. I have flown it twice since the crazy gimbal and it has not happened again since then.

The last time it happened was just after I updated everything on Wednesday afternoon. I have flown it twice since the crazy gimbal and it has not happened again since then.

I don't remember exactly, to tell you the version it was when they discussed it. But I'm sure it's been a while now. I haven't heard anything about it since, I think I remember, with a particular version. Maybe a colleague can give you more precise data.

The only thing I can think of to prevent this from happening to you is that you should calibrate all the sensors, including those that appear in the hidden menu. I think the camera's horizon calibration had something to do with this malfunction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy