Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal gone crazy

Reaction score
hi

i recently crashed my typhoon h.
landed on the camera, bent the gimbal arm, cut the slip ring wires and shorted the little white fuse(marked with a K) on the power distribution board inside the drone.

i have replaced the slip ring and gimbal arm and replaced the fuse with a 5amp one(kinda worried it's too big)

the drone flys fine and i have video from the camera, but when i power up the drone the gimbal spins like crazy for a few seconds before stopping in a random position but i have no control over the camera

any ideas why the gimbal would act like this?

does anyone know the correct size for the fuse? i tried searching google and it seams like the K means its should be 1,5amps but my camera and gimbal draws 2,5amps when i measure using a multimeter(which might be part of the problem)

Last edited:
I'm guessing that it can't find level due to the crash and/or the gyros took a hit. A bent motor shaft would do it also. I'm assuming you tried calibration and restarted after gimbal calibration?

I'm guessing that it can't find level due to the crash and/or the gyros took a hit. A bent motor shaft would do it also. I'm assuming you tried calibration and restarted after gimbal calibration?

i did try running calibration but the camera/gimbal don't move during the calibration

if a shaft was bent i would expect that motor to have trouble moving or make some scraping noises

does the camera/gimbal have it's own gyro or does it use the drones gyro

i did try running calibration but the camera/gimbal don't move during the calibration

if a shaft was bent i would expect that motor to have trouble moving or make some scraping noises

does the camera/gimbal have it's own gyro or does it use the drones gyro
Yes, the camera gimbal has it's own IMU mounted inside the upper part of the gimbal.

hi

i recently crashed my typhoon h.
landed on the camera, bent the gimbal arm, cut the slip ring wires and shorted the little white fuse(marked with a K) on the power distribution board inside the drone.

i have replaced the slip ring and gimbal arm and replaced the fuse with a 5amp one(kinda worried it's too big)

the drone flys fine and i have video from the camera, but when i power up the drone the gimbal spins like crazy for a few seconds before stopping in a random position but i have no control over the camera

any ideas why the gimbal would act like this?

does anyone know the correct size for the fuse? i tried searching google and it seams like the K means its should be 1,5amps but my camera and gimbal draws 2,5amps when i measure using a multimeter(which might be part of the problem)

I am having similar issues. When you replaced the fuse how did you get it out? Mine seems to be soldered in.

Did you get the spinning stopped?

After a yaw motor replacement, my gimbal is doing the same.

no, i purchased a new one, il probably send the old one inn for repair if i find someone who can encode/reprogram the gimbal in my country.

did you replace the motor yourself? as far as i know if you replace any of the gimbal motors og the circuit boards it needs to be reprogrammed/encoded to work properly

it is. so you need to desolder it to remove it which is a pain in the *** since it is an tiny smd
Thank you.
One more question, where did you find the fuse? I have spent the afternoon here in Portland Oregon trying to find one but nobody seems carry them. Order online?

Reactions: jjtrainboy
no, i purchased a new one, il probably send the old one inn for repair if i find someone who can encode/reprogram the gimbal in my country.

did you replace the motor yourself? as far as i know if you replace any of the gimbal motors og the circuit boards it needs to be reprogrammed/encoded to work properly

I did replace it my self. It was a pain.
Thank you for the info I will contact yuneec service.

No need to send in to Yuneec if you replaced the Yaw Gimbal Motor. Not since this new technique and calibration adjuster part have been made.
Search eBay.... Calibration Adapter for CGO3+ CGO3 Yuneec Typhoon H 3D Printed
There is a YouTube link in the listing that explains it all. very long 24 minute video though.

To summarize the long video...
There is a Yaw Encoder/sensor that reads the position of a magnet attached to the Yaw Motor.
Replacing the Yaw Motor now puts the Gimbal out of calibration.
The manual adjuster part from eBay allows you to adjust your Encoder manually.
You will just need to buy the new Yaw Motor with slip ring $39.99 from vertigodrones and the 3D printed adjuster for $10 from eBay.
You are gonna remove the holder for the encoder/sensor on the Yaw Motor and replace this part with the adjustable one.
You will now be able to adjust manually, without the need to send it in to be calibrated using the secret software. LOL

Vertigodrones link

eBay link

You could always mail to Yuneec for them to take a month to do it using the software they will not share with anyone. They also collect $165 to do this and more if there is something else wrong also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval