Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal rotating fix for camera after Q500 crash

Reaction score
Well after finding some good Youtube videos on using the spare cable to connect to the gimbal/camera and drone, I was able to get camera working again after the crash! Now, I need to get the rotation working as it does not rotate when attached to the drone. Any ideas?

Um... to rotate the camera you rotate the drone... the camera/gimbal doesn't rotate. ;)

Glad to know thanks Ari! I will have a local repair shop help me with it to fix the crack in the camera gimbal case. Maybe Yuneec may help as well since it crashed on Smart mode during first take off.

Glad to know thanks Ari! I will have a local repair shop help me with it to fix the crack in the camera gimbal case. Maybe Yuneec may help as well since it crashed on Smart mode during first take off.
Were you taking off within 26' of you? then it will crash, trying to get out of the 26' safety circle!

Reactions: Milt
I don't recall exactly how far away but this may be the reason. In future, I will keep a good distance away to avoid crashing it.

Yup. Well the good news is that with the kind help from the guys at EZDrones in San Diego, we got it put back together ok. I need to order the camera housing part but thats fortunately a cheap $10 fix. For now, its good to get back in the air. I will be careful to get the props on correct and take off in Angle mode!

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval