Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Glonass

Reaction score
Ok so ive seen posts or other info about gps and glonass. I think i read that the phantom has both but yuneec chose to only use gps. Would there be a difference in accuracy if both were used? What would it take to make the H use both?

Bill W.

a8966674-112-GPS%20GLONASS.JPG

I wonder how we can determine if that is correct. Anyone at any company can say anything they want...but without a way to prove it...how do we know.

Bill W.

b9958c4c3f6a11ccc5e829596b8a4f1c.jpg

Just found this on VHDRONES.COM

But then says this in the description.

Navigation

In addition to GPS, the Typhoon H also has the ability to navigate using Russian GLONASS satellites. In addition, at CES Yuneec showed a future add-on hardware module allow the Typhoon H to use visual positioning via optical flow sensors when close to the ground. This capability promises to make the Typhoon H safer to fly indoors or in other situations when satellites are unavailable or obscured.

Bill W.

i "think" if no GLONASS was used , you wouldnt get anywhere near 20 satellites , i had a competitor drone a while back that didnt have the Russian GLONASS system and only managed to get around 10-12 Satellites max.

But that's wrong Bill. There's no Auto-Land ...
I dont trust all this....this is a company trying to sell the H. Just showing something i found. They are probably adding that because of return to home will land the aircraft and are trying to make it look better than the Q.

Bill W.

Last edited:
i "think" if no GLONASS was used , you wouldnt get anywhere near 20 satellites , i had a competitor drone a while back that didnt have the Russian GLONASS system and only managed to get around 10-12 Satellites max.
I concur, all GPS receivers I have used only get 10 to 12 satellites, where GPS/Glonass will receive up to 20.

I concur, all GPS receivers I have used only get 10 to 12 satellites, where GPS/Glonass will receive up to 20.
Ok...im getting the feeling that it uses both. But is there a way to determine that...loke some kind of software or telemtry reading .....whatever to see that it uses both....im just curious.

Bill W.

Ok...im getting the feeling that it uses both. But is there a way to determine that...loke some kind of software or telemtry reading .....whatever to see that it uses both....im just curious.

Bill W.
The Q500 and the H use glonass from the very beginning. You can connect the H to the GUI and see the sat information although I don't know if it really identifies which sats are used. If the claim was false the competition would be calling it out. You can rest assured they have all done thorough testing.

Also my belief. The USA has (now) about 31 Sats in world orbits, each circles the globe twice a day. Russia has at least 24 (now) in world orbit, each also circles the globe twice a day. As I understand it, virtually all devices being sold now that use GPS, be it phones or drones, utilize both systems.

Reactions: Steve Carr
For sure the H is using GLONASS I always get 15-20 sats, impossible on GPS alone. GONLASS approximately doubles the number of sat.
Use this site to see how many sats are visible at your location and you can toggle the GPS/GLONASS button on and off to see. Home

Reactions: charliehorse
The Typhoon H uses GPS and glonass the Q 500 only uses the GPS system

Steve I've had a Q 500+ since April 2015. It does not have glonass maybe yours does. I only get 6 to 8 GPS satellites on my ST 10+ and my QA500+ if you look above you will find Billy Texas post and it has the Q 500 4K and the Typhoon H go down and look at the GPS systems

Last edited:

Thats it. You only have 18 or so sats because the H uses Glonass and normal GPS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval