Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Goggles for Typhoon H

Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase a pair Skyview goggles for my Typhoon H.
Before I do, does anyone have another model of goggles that they have used with the H and like better?
Could you list them here and maybe a few points of what you like about them?

Reactions: GRH
I use Headplay HD. Very similar to the Skyview except they also have a built in video receiver for use with other uav's with video transmitters

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I think the Headplays are slightly bigger as well

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Before I do, does anyone have another model of goggles that they have used with the H and like better?
I haven't decided yet. Please keep us posted if you do make the purchase.

Disclaimer: I do not work for, or have any personal connection, to either Epson or Colorado Video. Additionally, I am not attempting to make any sales for, nor do I receive any compensation from, either company. I am only adding to this forum with useful information that people are probably interested in. The only reason for this statement is to make it clear that I am just another drone enthusiast (DJI Phantom 3 Pro, & Yuneec Typhoon H), and have no financial gain, whatsoever, in the information I am passing on.

Likewise, I'm also interested in goggles. One difference...I'd prefer NON-immersive goggles, something akin to Epsons Moverio series, which allow you to not only see video incoming from whatever source they're receiving from, but which allow you to see through them. In the US, the UK, and several other countries, "line-of-sight" is required by law, so Yuneec's Skyview goggles violate those laws. Unfortunately, Epson's Moverio BT-200 & BT-300 utilize their own Android-powered 'control units', and (currently) have no option for HDMI input.

However, there IS good news...and a little "bad" news to go with it. One of Epson's Senior Engineers, Eric Mizufuka, who is in charge of the Moverio unit, has been working with a third-party company, Colorado Video, in developing a "break-out" box that connects to Epson's Moverio BT-200. From the last email I received from him on that particular subject (October, 2015), the "breakout box" was, at that point in time, quite large AND expensive ($1,600):
DVI-D (HDMI) Interface for Moverio BT-200

Thankfully, they were able to get the size of the box greatly reduced...and, as for the price, it's now less than $500. Of course, you also need to already have an Epson Moverio BT-200. According to Colorado Video, the information they posted a few months ago indicated that the DM485 (the new name for what was originally called the "DVI to Moverio Interface") would not be compatible with Epson's soon-to-be-released Moverio BT300. I have reached out to Eric to find out if this is correct, or whether Epson has changed the BT-300 connector to the same as the BT-200.

Either way, for those who might be interested, and don't already own an Epson Moverio BT-200, Epson & Colorado Video are currently offering a combo package containing a Moverio BT-200 AND Colorado Video DM485 for only $799, via Epson's Prelaunch Labs. Both offers (DM485 only, or the combo package) are available here:
HDMI Input Accessory

To most people, this should be a considerably better option, at it not only provides a better way of viewing what the camera is seeing, but it also allows you to maintain view of your drone.

Thanks for the info. I don't know about UK, but in the US you can fly FPV if you have a spotter.
I have been reading some really good reviews of the Skyviews, so I went ahead and ordered those. They aren't the very best that I could have gotten, but seem to get good reviews for the price range.

Same rules in the UK you can fly FPV if you have a spotter with you but you can still only fly LOS, I liked my fatshark dominator goggles but they only work with my phantom and TBS discovery pro, I'm not sure if I will bother to get new goggles to work with my TH because of the constraints getting a spotter to go with you every time you go flying FPV, and the lady indoors is getting a bit bored being a spotter its only good now for holiday/vacations but that's it.

I just got my Yuneec Skyview yesterday and it fits into the top bag of the YTH PRO back pack. The goggles themselves look good, angled HDMI connector cable fits fine, 3.5 mm audio connector, picture quality is good. So far so good.
But I personally have the problem that I cannot see the lower part of the RC display (settings buttons). I showed it some colleagues today and those with smaller heads/faces could see everything and those with bigger heads/face (like me) all had the same problem of more or less not seeing the lower image buttom.
I think I will keep it because it is nevertheless a neat HDMI solution and even ideal if your head/face has the correct size...

So I was playing around with the ST16 in pad mode and found out that you can screencast to the bt300. You have to select pad on the controller then go into settings then select display then select cast screen. And in the top right-hand corner you'll see three dots select that then check enable wireless display. After that the bt300 will be available in your device menu select it then confirm on the BT 300 screen. Works pretty good little bit of delay not bad of course you still will have to use the touchscreen on the st16 to select anything. Hope this helps.

I just got my Yuneec Skyview yesterday and it fits into the top bag of the YTH PRO back pack. The goggles themselves look good, angled HDMI connector cable fits fine, 3.5 mm audio connector, picture quality is good. So far so good.
But I personally have the problem that I cannot see the lower part of the RC display (settings buttons). I showed it some colleagues today and those with smaller heads/faces could see everything and those with bigger heads/face (like me) all had the same problem of more or less not seeing the lower image buttom.
I think I will keep it because it is nevertheless a neat HDMI solution and even ideal if your head/face has the correct size...
I think somebody else had this problem and they contacted Yuneec UK who modded the headset satisfactorily.

So I was playing around with the ST16 in pad mode and found out that you can screencast to the bt300. You have to select pad on the controller then go into settings then select display then select cast screen. And in the top right-hand corner you'll see three dots select that then check enable wireless display. After that the bt300 will be available in your device menu select it then confirm on the BT 300 screen. Works pretty good little bit of delay not bad of course you still will have to use the touchscreen on the st16 to select anything. Hope this helps.
Wow, that sounds interesting. I always had an eye on the bt-200 last year. The bt-300 page and the video promises compatibility to DJI drones/app by AR (augmented reality) features like airspace and morphology overlays etc. Is it real or just a "demo"?
The touchpad of the bt-300 should also work like the ST16 touch screen itself, doesn't it?

I think somebody else had this problem and they contacted Yuneec UK who modded the headset satisfactorily.
Maybe the german "subsidiary" in Kaltenkirchen also knows about the mod? I will ask them...

Love the fat shark dominator (v3) I'm thinking it would be a good choice for the H and all my other UAV's, including my xhover 230.
Although I do recognize the line of sight issues where it would be nice to have a google glass type setup. Wish Google would have continued development

Either way, for those who might be interested, and don't already own an Epson Moverio BT-200, Epson & Colorado Video are currently offering a combo package containing a Moverio BT-200 AND Colorado Video DM485 for only $799, via Epson's Prelaunch Labs. Both offers (DM485 only, or the combo package) are available here:
HDMI Input Accessory.

Please fix link for the combo package? I Googled it and could not find... TY.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval