Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Goggles with the Chroma ?

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a way, Not being the sharpest tool in the box, can this be done?
I would love to fly my Chroma again after it being in its box following many attempts at resurrection as a few of the Elders of the Forum (E of F) are aware ;)
I would like to insert in the fuselage something like a Naza flight controller (which I have used before) or something that would fit, which would 'talk' to another make of Transmitter and use the Video link from the Chroma camera to run a pair of Goggles or say a Skyview set of eyes.
Apologies if this causes any choking or gagging. I have a new battery that's hardly been used and a good straight Chroma and....................I HATE waste :rolleyes:

Discuss.

The last I saw you had solved the issues and your Chroma was ready to fly again. The camera is WiFi and is not really of fast enough video transmission for FPV with goggles. Too much lag for flying.

As for using a different RC transceiver you would need a way of interfacing it via UART to send commands to the Flight Controller.

Of course I am a novice when it comes to RC other than Yuneec systems.

There are two receivers that work with the Chroma. The most popular is the receiver that works with the ST10 transmitter. The second is a Spektrum receiver that works with a Spektrum transmitter. I have both receivers installed in my Chroma and swap back and forth depending on which transmitter I'd like to use.

You could install the CGO app on an android phone, then insert the phone in a VR headset for the FPV experience.

I have a mount on my Spektrum transmitter for my phone running the CGO app.

RG

Last edited:
The last I saw you had solved the issues and your Chroma was ready to fly again. The camera is WiFi and is not really of fast enough video transmission for FPV with goggles. Too much lag for flying.

As for using a different RC transceiver you would need a way of interfacing it via UART to send commands to the Flight Controller.

Of course I am a novice when it comes to RC other than Yuneec systems.
G;day Doom I'm sorry if I misled you but no never got it to fly again and it wasn't for the lack of trying as WTFP will attest. I am exploring different ways to get it in the air again, may not be 'unique' ways but hey.
I have a recalcitrant TH at the moment I'm dealing with (No Compass Cal) so the Tello is in use, raining outside too.

Good to see you are still at it.

OK, guess I misunderstood the last of the Chroma debacle. Sorry to hear it is still in drone hospital. You may want to chat it up with @R G as he brought up the Spektrum RC control. If it will interface you may be able to do the same with your Naza.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval