Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good Vibrations

Reaction score
So with my titular tribute to the Beach Boys over :) I will move to my tenuously connected question...sorry if you were a fan, no offence meant. :cool:

The instructions says the ST10+ will vibrate on low battery, but I don't seem to get anything. I do get a yellow battery display saying 10.7v so I know it is time to land.

When I turn the ST10+ on it vibrates. If I disable GPS it vibrates, in fact it nearly screams at you "do you really want to do this". My point being the vibrate mechanism in the controller appears fine.

I have read it is a subtle vibrate and can be missed, and I get that, but now I am consciously waiting for it, the fact that I still don't notice it is a little concerning.

I have no other issues with the bird and she flies like a dream and is great fun, but now I am getting the hang of things and having switched to 'Angle' mode I find my attention is far more on the Q500 in the sky, which is why the vibrate option would be good.

Is there anything I need to check or set to make this happen?

Help appreciated.

I think you have to go a bit lower than 10.7v for the vibration to kick in... I don't have one myself but am sure I have read that 1st battery warning on the Q500 is 10.5v. So if you really wanna test it just stay in the air a bit longer ! But actually you are doing the right thing by quitting at 10.7 - that way you won't stress the battery packs and will extend their life accordingly.

I have heard the 1st low battery trigger is at 10.6V.

Time for the expert @Steve Carr to chime in on this one

yes it seems to go at 10.6 and when the battery meter turns red on the controller.
I seem to recall the 1st low batt warning at 10.5v. On your next flight bring it home and let it hover at 6' and see when you get the warning. As AeroJ mentions, landing at 10.7 is a good practice to keep your batts in good condition.

Could be. The method used to trigger the batt warning is based on the amount of time the reading stays at a certain voltage. Since the voltage "bounces" around a bit, the trigger is reset each time the reading bounces higher than the trigger voltage. The sample rate on the Q500 is about 8 times per second and it takes about 2-3 full seconds to trigger the warning. So if the voltage jumps to 10.7 for just a fraction of a second, the trigger sequence starts over.

Could be. The method used to trigger the batt warning is based on the amount of time the reading stays at a certain voltage. Since the voltage "bounces" around a bit, the trigger is reset each time the reading bounces higher than the trigger voltage. The sample rate on the Q500 is about 8 times per second and it takes about 2-3 full seconds to trigger the warning. So if the voltage jumps to 10.7 for just a fraction of a second, the trigger sequence starts over.
Knew you were the man to ask on this one.

I guess my 10.7 (amber) is still a good approach to adopt. And if I ever feel the vibrate, then I can start to panic!

Many thanks to all, you are a top bunch of people.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy