Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Google Play Store

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the play store or Google maps ot.flight log since the update?. I just recently tried going to the play store and.its saying I need to authenticate. The flight log app only works on a map if I switch to google map it says it has stopped working. Any thoughts thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any issues with the play store or Google maps ot.flight log since the update?. I just recently tried going to the play store and.its saying I need to authenticate. The flight log app only works on a map if I switch to google map it says it has stopped working. Any thoughts thanks.

It's done that to me from day one. Never been able to get play store to work

Bill W.

I cannot get the ST16 to accept the store even though I'm logged into my google account. I tried for hours when I first got the Hand again post latest firmware as the play store was now in the pad menu. I thought that the dominance of the flight control was the reason as it's not really a fully functioning android. I'd love to be able to access the store and a few apps and I think the solution involves playing with android code if I remember from some previous posts here and it's beyond my skill level and worry that it kills warranty on the ST16. It would seem we are not supposed to be able to use the store?
Has anyone tried downloading apps to a PC and then adding apps with SD card?

Ok so it's not just me i just spent hours trying. I mean I don't use it often but I went to review flight data. I got the flight app as stopped responding. I thought I had used Google maps before on the St guess not.

Ok so it's not just me i just spent hours trying. I mean I don't use it often but I went to review flight data. I got the flight app as stopped responding. I thought I had used Google maps before on the St guess not.

Join the club ... there are hundreds of us out here that tried and tried but can't use it ... why it's there is beyond me ... maybe for some future use or maybe required by Google to use Android ... way above my enthusiast skill level. Probably don't want to load up the ST16 with a bunch of apps anyways .. jmho.

Join the club ... there are hundreds of us out here that tried and tried but can't use it ... why it's there is beyond me ... maybe for some future use or maybe required by Google to use Android ... way above my enthusiast skill level. Probably don't want to load up the ST16 with a bunch of apps anyways .. jmho.
I think a google alert in the middle of a flight would be pretty distracting. Everyone I know who has a mavic are using a separate device from their phone for flight as a call coming in during FPV via your phone screen is a bad thing.

I had to get a dedicated tablet 7" LG but it still doesn't work for my ST16.

Yea maybe they will intergrade the tablet functions down the road.

I would like to have a tablet to attach and view other funtions. Maybe have the telemetry appear there and the fpv view on the st16. Or maybe have a map view on the tablet.

Bill W.

That would be a good update to have the Google maps in the corner like DJI does.

Reactions: pctyphoon
That would be a good update to have the Google maps in the corner like DJI does.

Anyone heard anything else on this? Kinda odd that you can't use the google map to center on you when it uses gps to guide the drone....

I believe its diabled as the ST-16 isn't certified by google so it won't let you in the store. You can install the amazon underground app store I believe.

There are plenty of devices that aren't anywhere close to being "Google Certified" that are allowed to access the Google Play Store at will. Google, unlike Apple, does not ban connections to their store from unknown devices.
The reason it won't work is because Yuneec has disabled this feature in the modified Android OS distribution they supply, for a great reason. That reason being there's no way to determine if a UAS crash was due to untested Android programs running on the controller. Makes total sense to me.

I too wonder if one can simply download an .apk on some other device, put it on an SD card or copy it to the controller's storage, and install from there. I'll have to try that at some point in time and report back.

I wondered about something similar but was afraid to try it. Updating the Android operating system on the ST16.

Here is the official word about Play Store I got from Yuneec last May:

Unfortunately you are not able to download apps from the Google Play Store the ST16. Even though the ST16 is an Android tablet, the operating system is a heavily modified version of Android, meaning the space within the ST16 and tablet are reserved for the Flight Control. This will not allow you to download anything from the Play Store to the tablet. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you

Andrew M
Customer Service Lead |Yuneec USA
5555 Ontario Mills Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
T: 844 898 6332
www.yuneec.com

Here is the official word about Play Store I got from Yuneec last May:

Unfortunately you are not able to download apps from the Google Play Store the ST16. Even though the ST16 is an Android tablet, the operating system is a heavily modified version of Android, meaning the space within the ST16 and tablet are reserved for the Flight Control. This will not allow you to download anything from the Play Store to the tablet. Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you

Andrew M
Customer Service Lead |Yuneec USA
5555 Ontario Mills Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
T: 844 898 6332
www.yuneec.com
ok but I cannot update also the map? it is crazy

Old news. Use the site search function to review the numerous posts on the subject. Google Play Store is not an active app feature for use in the ST-16. It is there because part of its features were used in the autopilot. It’s not there for users to upload stuff to the ST-16. Just pretend the icon is not there. You can’t use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval