Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Acquiring Problem

Have you tried flying the drone in a different area? There are gps problems in front of my house when flying. A half block away there are no problems. Buildings, power lines etc. can affect this but read the other threads listed below. Smart folks, I am not one of them.🤪

I have the same problem "GPS acquiring....................................." I just buy a Typhoon H used, this seller show me loggbook and flights was 24 after that drone have been stored in the hardcase in garage for abou 8 months, I went to summer cottage charged the batterys and then problem starts I updated latest firmware in to aircraft and ST16 OK, but left it outdoor for gps to lock but nop nop no luck cant fly this acquairing all the time locked green ready for about 5 sec started again to acquare, tested with a friends gps worked for 5 minutes then stoped, ordered a new GPS module but no luck....... same Sh..t again my question is what to do and are this so unreliable, Im volontary in SAR team and have also a FLIR Vue Pro on yuneec gimball, whats hapend in search mission in midle of flight GPS start to acquaire ???? is this + 1000€ drone a joke ???

I have a Phantom 3 advance and one Mavic Pro never any problems to fly only to expensive gimbals / batterys.

Please some sollutions or tips/trix I live in Finland Helsinki nearest service ???
Refer to this post
Post in thread 'GPS acquiring'
GPS acquiring

From your description it sounds like the F/C in the aircraft will need replacement. This is a typical problem when the aircraft has been stored for a long period of time. Checking the yaw in the GUI is the real telltale sign for this. Yuneec EU (Germany) would likely be your nearest repair facility. Ordering one and replacing it is fairly simple to do if you want to make the repair yourself.

I think this is cause by aged IMU on the FC-module. This seems to be a precursor to this error because sometimes a GPS fix is possible and it goes away.
More detailed info about this is here:

For deeper analysis it would be nice to get the flight logs from such a case (5min GPS lock and then lost it).
Do you have the behavior that the yaw is constantly changes in GUI while drone stands still?

br HE

all the time locked green ready for about 5 sec started again to acquare
Do you have a RealSense module installed? Just tried to reproduce this behaviour. Due to all the summer construction works on the new flat I have stored all the birds in a dry cool place for a long period (a few months, probably around six or more). Today I tested two of them. One with RS, and one without. The first got the lock relatively fast and had no disturbances in fixation. The second one, without an RS, locked fast too, but after that, I got near 10 messages for GPS lost. This was because the Ephemeris are so old and not all satellites are with a known trajectory for the receiver. After a few minutes, all was fine. Now I'll test an one year without use H, to see how fast it will stay in a stable position. Take in care, at least 10 satellites are necessary to obtain a GPS lock. Dead battery in the GPS module can add some problems because the charger chain is designed via a 1K resistor and diode. So, the dead battery will drain all the current. Flying without a battery is possible, but you'll obtain a lock late.

Just tested the next one. For sure didn't power up from the third COVID wave at the beginning of the last December. Important is to say, the FW version is 1.16, the most responsive one, but with huge troubles in landing with RS installed. Also, this version allows fixing with fewer satellites acquired. Now the readiness was got with 9 birds on the fix and after less than a minute after the power-up. I'll go to test the next one, which I can't say when I have used it for the last, but for sure a lot ago.

The last test is done. I have more bricks, FC's and so on, but no reason to try all of them. Ver 1.35, 17 sats on the sky, fix for less than a minute. Two burst drops in the next 10 minutes. Nothing more.

Important to add some information. Because I modified the GPS antenna in ST16, now I have stable receiving and as a result, a stable position from the GPS fix. How the bird's GPS is drifting I can watch from the measured distance on the screen. The initial error from the last test was 3-4 meters, and at the end, after some minutes and 17 sats on the bird, and 15 on the ST, the error was between zero and 0.5 meters.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I have not used my drone in over a year, and now I cannot get a GPS lock which is resulting in the in 3 flashing green lights in safe flight mode. I have tried the following fixes, but my drone still isn't getting a GPS Lock. Any thoughts?
  1. Updated the firmware of the ST 16 to v03.01.b30
  2. Updated Drone firmware to Autopilot V1.16, Gimbal V1.25, Camera V3.3.34(A), RealSense Version NA
  3. Made sure my batteries are fully charged
  4. Left the drone and St16 in open area for over 5+ hours to make sure the Satellite almanac updates (over 18 satellites connect to both drone and ST-16)
  5. charged the unit so that the GPS battery is full. Operating voltage is 2.75 volts and when I turn off the drone power it drops to 2.72 volts
  6. Recalibrated the Compass
  7. Turned on and off the GPS option under "setting calibration"
I don't have any other possible solutions other than reading about replacing the flight control board.
exactly same , when i do get a POS reading i quicly start the motor's then just to test it i turn it off , then again wont start up without POS , wont even start in gps-off mode ?? , DID YOU FIX this problem please post asap cheers

When it won't start in GPS-off mode then most likely you have the IMU problem. For deeper analysis see the link in #23.

There are some things you can try but in most cases you need to replace the MCU board, unfortunately.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval