Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS problem/ Purple LED flash

Reaction score
Hi,

My typhoon H keeps flashing Purple LED, is having GPS issues and wont fire up. What do i need to do. please help!

Need a lot more info. Flashing purple indicates you are in Angle mode, which is normal if that is the mode you have selected.
Here are a few questions that need to be sorted to get started;

After turning on the ST16 then the Typhoon, how long are you waiting to try and start the motors?
How many satellites does the craft see, how many does the controller see?
What are the battery voltages?
Is this your first attempt at flight or has it flown before?
Was it in the same location?

The Purple is ok with a white flash. Are you within 5 miles ATC? Sometimes turning off the H and turn back on. How many sat's do you have on ST16 and H?

Need a lot more info. Flashing purple indicates you are in Angle mode, which is normal if that is the mode you have selected.
Here are a few questions that need to be sorted to get started;

After turning on the ST16 then the Typhoon, how long are you waiting to try and start the motors?
How many satellites does the craft see, how many does the controller see?
What are the battery voltages?
Is this your first attempt at flight or has it flown before?
Was it in the same location?
Hi Ty,

Its Flashing purple three times, I have tried to fire it up in smart mode the LED changes but still wont fire up, the battery level is full 16v, i have been flying it the last year and half.

The Purple is ok with a white flash. Are you within 5 miles ATC? Sometimes turning off the H and turn back on. How many sat's do you have on ST16 and H?
Hi

Its flashing purple three times, i am far from ATC, i am getting 11 SATs on H and 6 on ST16

Flashing purple means it (Typhoon H) is acquiring satellites, solid means it has a GPS lock and then a white flash on top of purple indicates the Typhoon H has a GPS lock on the Transmitter which will allow you to use various flight modes like "watch Me", "Follow Me" and so on when in Smart Mode.
I typically will not fly until I see 16 on the Bird and 7 or so on the Tx, your location may be different but 11 seems low.

Have you tried turning on the Tx and Craft and let them sit for fifteen (15) minutes or so? If you're in a new location or haven't flown in a while it can take that long for the H to build the registry/list of satellites.

Does the TX give you any messages or warnings while it is connecting?
Last thing I would ask has ANY thing changed (firmware updates, mishap/crash/bad landing and so on) since the last time you flew?
If your sure your not near a NFZ, you may have to call Yuneec CS. Any chance, you could look at the telemetry files?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy