Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS signal loss

Will do thanks all will let you know once I get outside.
Thanks all for your support after I charge the internal batter for the sat memory and ran the motors with gps disconnected I charged for a couple of days. Went out today and had gps lock with 17 to 18 sats on drone and 15 on controller. She was steady as a rock successful hover and landing gear retraction
, pan the camera. Again thanks all for your help. I will say flying the q500 and then taking this up is much different, reaction time, sensitivity and landing is much different.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Thanks all for your support after I charge the internal batter for the sat memory and ran the motors with gps disconnected I charged for a couple of days. Went out today and had gps lock with 17 to 18 sats on drone and 15 on controller. She was steady as a rock successful hover and landing gear retraction
, pan the camera. Again thanks all for your help. I will say flying the q500 and then taking this up is much different, reaction time, sensitivity and landing is much different.
Yes the H is quite fun to fly and looks impressive. Remember to have the Rate slider in Rabbit when landing so when you touchdown and pull full down n the throttle it will idle the motors and keep you from skipping.

Yes the H is quite fun to fly and looks impressive. Remember to have the Rate slider in Rabbit when landing so when you touchdown and pull full down n the throttle it will idle the motors and keep you from skipping.
Thanks for that tip I actually thought the opposite would apply so you don’t have a hard landing but will do as suggested.

Thanks for that tip I actually thought the opposite would apply so you don’t have a hard landing but will do as suggested.
When landing in Rabbit mode you need to be gentle on the throttle while landing to avoid a hard landing, but you need the full output of the throttle once on the ground to cause the motors to idle down. With the Rate slider at maximum (rabbit) the final output to the aircraft on Channel 1 is 0% (range is 0% to 100% with 50% at stick neutral position). When the Rate slider is at minimum (turtle) the final output with the throttle in full down position is limited to 20%. This will not send the motors to idle speed and if you let the throttle return to neutral the aircraft will tend to barely liftoff.

You can see this with just the ST16 powered on. Double tap the Volts icon on the upper left of the screen to bring up the final output display.
9B16DB52-055C-4835-A2EC-C83DE30D3517.jpeg
Place the Rate slider at Turtle position and move the sticks one axis at a time and observe CH01 through CH04. You will see how the signal sent to the aircraft is limited in range. Now repeat that with the Rate slider set to Rabbit and observe the expanded range of the signals sent.

I’m also attaching a document compiled from information gathered from several forum members that goes a bit more in depth on the subject.

Attachments

• Typhoon H Control Data 6.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33