Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS stuck on acquiring

Reaction score
Any help appreciated. My Typhoon H Plus has been in storage for a long time. I have updated the Firmware. It will not acquire GPS. I have installed a new GPS antenna, purchased a new ST16 controller. The controller shows around 15-16 satellites, and the Drone sees about 18-19 satellites. However, I never get the ready signal. Even after allowing them both to sit a couple of hours outside in the middle of a field with no obstructions. My next thought is to replace the flight controller. I have flashed the bios and reinstalled firmware a couple of times. (Autopilot V 1.35, Gimbal V 1.25, Camera V3.234(a), Realsense V 1.10). Please let me know if you think of anything else that might cause this issue.

Final tests to perform would be to remove the props, go into the settings/calibrations menu and disable GPS, then attempt to arm the motors. Are you able to get them to arm?

The second is to open the Typhoon H GUI and attach the aircraft to it. Observe the yaw readout for the aircraft. If it steadily changes value either ascending or descending then the IMU is bad and the Flight Controller in the aircraft needs replacement.

If you currently have the NFZ removal you will need to get a new license file for the replacement F/C.

Thanks, This may have confirmed the problem. I Forgot to mention I have been using the GUI. When I connected this time all numbers fluctuate.
The Yaw goes from 128.0 up to 134 with Drone sitting still

All numbers fluctuate
Accelerometer-X,Y and Z and magnitude
Gyroscope-X,Y,Z
Orientation,-Pitch,Roll and Yaw
Compass-X,Yand Z
Pressure sensor Pa,Temp and Height estimate

I assume this information points to a new F/C unit needed.

How to I get a new license replacement for the new F/C?

I assume this information points to a new F/C unit needed.
The readings you describe are not exactly the "classic" symptoms, but they seem to be in same ballpark. Probably replacing the FC board will clear things up. This link leads to a post by @h-elsner, who did a good bit of research. The document provided in the post does have a couple of "sometimes helps" things. But if you have access to another FC board, that would be a great thing to try.

@DoomMeister and @Yuneec Skins know more about how the license works and if it will transfer.
Found this from Doom:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz