Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Great new vid from Simon Newton

Hi guys,

Here's the direct link to the raw files as mentioned in the vid - one full 4K@25fps, one 1080p@60fps (both on auto WB and auto exposure, "natural" colour gamut selected), 1 jpg ("natural" colour gamut") and 1 dng rawof the same shot taken within a few seconds. Typhoon H SD Card

Seeing as how YouTube, Vimeo or any of the others are going to compress and mess with anything I could have done, rather than giving you a load of fancy footage on a YT vid I reckoned giving people access to the output straight from the SD card would be a **** of a lot more useful for those who want to compare with other camera platforms, or who just want to see what things will look like on your monitor/screen or whatever.

Enjoy, and thanks for all the support from those of you who have been watching and subscribing!

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Here's the direct link to the raw files as mentioned in the vid - one full 4K@25fps, one 1080p@60fps (both on auto WB and auto exposure, "natural" colour gamut selected), 1 jpg ("natural" colour gamut") and 1 dng rawof the same shot taken within a few seconds. Typhoon H SD Card

Seeing as how YouTube, Vimeo or any of the others are going to compress and mess with anything I could have done, rather than giving you a load of fancy footage on a YT vid I reckoned giving people access to the output straight from the SD card would be a **** of a lot more useful for those who want to compare with other camera platforms, or who just want to see what things will look like on your monitor/screen or whatever.

Enjoy, and thanks for all the support from those of you who have been watching and subscribing!

Cheers!
Thanks again Simon, I've sent you a message on the FB page when you get a chance to see it!

Simon,

I love your videos and look forward to many more as I painfully await my H. Other than a micro drone (that I could never get stable) this will be my first drone. I'm glad to hear the H is easier to fly.

Simon,

I love your videos and look forward to many more as I painfully await my H. Other than a micro drone (that I could never get stable) this will be my first drone. I'm glad to hear the H is easier to fly.

Yes, dialled right down on the rates it's very docile indeed. Auto takeoff as well for the first-time flyer is nice. Landing is easier than a quad, too - the additional height means there's nowhere near as much ground effect in the last few inches before a landing.

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys
Hi guys,

Cheers!
Simon, how is the exposure handled on the ST16. For instance, if you set the white balance to SUN, then fly, the auto-exposure will still adjust the light but with a warmer tint. Can you touch your ST16 screen to automatically expose for the scene your viewing or any point within that scene?

Simon, how is the exposure handled on the ST16. For instance, if you set the white balance to SUN, then fly, the auto-exposure will still adjust the light but with a warmer tint. Can you touch your ST16 screen to automatically expose for the scene your viewing or any point within that scene?

Hi there. Good question, I haven't yet had enough video sorties to test it fully. There is a LOCK mode which I assume means that when you expose for a particular shot, it will keep that locked rather than constantly try and adjust. Next time out I'll set that and do a pirouette and see if the exposure remains constant.

I've been curious about how the video files are encoded. Here's the media information for YUN00008.mp4. This might help determine which micro SD cards to use in the camera. You'll need one that can write at a minimum of 50Mbps (6.25MB/sec), so that's not hard to find.

Thanks Simon for posting these files!

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/isom)
File size : 156 MiB
Duration : 26s 6ms
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 50.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=25
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 26s 6ms
Source duration : 26s 0ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 50.0 Mbps
Width : 4 096 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.896
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.226
Stream size : 156 MiB (100%)
Source stream size : 156 MiB (100%)
Title : Yuneec AVC
Language : English
Color range : Full
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
mdhd_Duration : 26006

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Duration : 26s 5ms
Source duration : 25s 984ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Nominal bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel positions : Front: C
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate : 46.875 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Source stream size : 144 KiB (0%)
Title : Yuneec AAC
Language : English
mdhd_Duration : 26005

I've been curious about how the video files are encoded. Here's the media information for YUN00008.mp4. This might help determine which micro SD cards to use in the camera. You'll need one that can write at a minimum of 50Mbps (6.25MB/sec), so that's not hard to find.

Mine came with a 16GB "ForeSee" brand micro sd (with adapter) speed class 10, UHS speed class 3 - so good enough for 4K (as you'd expect).

Mine came with a 16GB "ForeSee" brand micro sd (with adapter) speed class 10, UHS speed class 3 - so good enough for 4K (as you'd expect).

I figured Yunecc wouldn't ship an underrated card but I'm a little baffled as to why Yuneec didn't throw in a 64gb card for no more difference they cost. I picked up one of these while waiting on my H to show up: Samsung Pro Plus 64GB MicroSDXC.

Hello Simon,

Great videos, can you do the same with a scene that has structures in it. Seems grass, plants and trees never get captured well on any camera. I would like to see houses and other structures with fine vertical and horizontal lines. Again good job and thanks for your time.

Hi guys,

Cheers!

Thanks, appreciated :)

Reactions: Simon Newton

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval