Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Green Arrow

Reaction score
I don't suppose there is a way to change direction icon on the ST16, something easier to indiacte direction

The green arrow does a great job in telling the pilot how to get his aircraft home should he lose his orientation. I suppose changing it to depict which direction the nose of the aircraft is pointing would also help in orientation but I think it's current purpose is far better. Regarding changing it as you suggest, I think you can't unless you are able to make an alteration in the firmware coding.

Reactions: rdonson
Thanks flushvision, that's kinda what I was looking for, trying to find a better way to tell which way nose was pointing, earlier versions had the aircraft ican along with green arrow

Thanks flushvision, that's kinda what I was looking for, trying to find a better way to tell which way nose was pointing, earlier versions had the aircraft ican along with green arrow

Here is a great lesson in determining orientation of your craft presented by @Ty Pilot . Visual Flight Training

Here is a great lesson in determining orientation of your craft presented by @Ty Pilot . Visual Flight Training
Yes. A good video that. Always good to be able to fly your bird without relying on your screen.

You never know when you may have a screen problem. About a month ago I was having a fly and my screen froze...just displayed the same image all the time. Being able to fly without that screen meant that I could safely get the aircraft home.

Indeed, technically, being able to do that is a basic requirement of VLOS. The screen should only be used as a quick reference and to line up shots, so should not be used as a primary means to control/ascertain orientation of your aircraft.

The screen should only be used as a quick reference and to line up shots, so should not be used as a primary means to control/ascertain orientation of your aircraft.
The screen can be useful in understanding what's in front of the aircraft. Especially when flying low. When flying from left to right or vice versa at any distance out, it's not always easy to know if you will come out in front of that tree or behind it. Or into it! I mention this because over a year ago, I had that experience. The craft was no more that 100 ft away flying right to left in front of me with excellent VLOS. I thought I had plenty of room. I wish that I had looked at the screen because I would have seen that the tree was dead ahead. The crash did a lot of damage to the TH. I guess the moral of the story is; don't rely entirely on VLOS or the screen. Keep an eye on both.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have a somewhat pragmatic view of the subject. Whenever I am unsure of the relationship between the aircraft and possible obstacles I'll either stop the activity and obtain a better view or use a spotter to assure obstacle clearance. Before initiating forward flight I use a full rotation view of the area through the camera to assure the path will be clear. Mistakes can be costly and there's truly no reason to experience judgement errors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity