Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GREEN HOME ARROW FAULT ON ST16 CONTROLLER

Ged

Reaction score
I am having trouble with the home arrow on my ST16 controller not pointing in the direction my drone is facing i flew it yesterday after updating the firmware with the latest updates,did all the usual callabrations but when i flew i noticed the green arrow was not pointing the way the drone was facing,i hovered the H in font of me had the home arrow pointing directly at me and the drone was pointing to the right (as i'm looking at it) by around 30-40 degrees when i turned the H to face me directly the arrow then pointed left of me? can anyone shed any light on this problem for me and offer any advice on how i might solve this problem.Thanks in advance and safe flying everyone.Ged

Thank you so much that is very informative,i will need to read it a few times to digest it properly.Much obliged.

I think simply put, the Green Arrow shows the direction to push the right stick to pilot the drone back toward you.
I don't understand how that can be if the drone is directly in front of me facing me why then is the arrow pointing in a different direction surely it should point straight at me?

The Green Arrow is not supposed to point at you. The Green Arrow is not supposed to point at you.
The Green Arrow is not the front of the craft. The Green Arrow is not the front of the craft.

Hover the drone 20 or 30 feet away, face it away from you. Does the Green Arrow point at you?
Now pull the right stick straight back. Does the drone move toward you?

The Green Arrow is the right stick guide.

Reactions: FlushVision
I am having trouble with the home arrow on my ST16 controller not pointing in the direction my drone is facing i flew it yesterday after updating the firmware with the latest updates,did all the usual callabrations but when i flew i noticed the green arrow was not pointing the way the drone was facing,i hovered the H in font of me had the home arrow pointing directly at me and the drone was pointing to the right (as i'm looking at it) by around 30-40 degrees when i turned the H to face me directly the arrow then pointed left of me? can anyone shed any light on this problem for me and offer any advice on how i might solve this problem.Thanks in advance and safe flying everyone.Ged
The arrow seems to work better with greater distance from the ST16. Test it about 100' away. Yaw the nose of the aircraft to point at the ST16 and the green arrow should be pointing straight up. That means if you push the right stick forward the H will fly towards you.

I think simply put, the Green Arrow shows the direction to push the right stick to pilot the drone back toward you.
Yep. What Ray said.
I gotta admit that it took me a little while to get my head around the use of the green arrow. A good few flights before it dawned on me but, yes, it's as simple as that: Push the right stick in the same direction as the arrow to bring the H back...simple.

The arrow seems to work better with greater distance from the ST16. Test it about 100' away. Yaw the nose of the aircraft to point at the ST16 and the green arrow should be pointing straight up. That means if you push the right stick forward the H will fly towards you.
Thanks Steve i'll try that tomorrow,my confusion is this i have just returned a typhoon H (my first) back to a supplier as it had a major fault and i just wanted my money back,which i got,on that controller the arrow always pointed the way the drone was facing and i assumed that is how they all worked but obviously not,i have had 2 H's in the last few weeks and the controllers both showed the arrow acting differently hence my confusion! and the fact that yuneec don't have a proper manual doesn,'t help matters as well,i know i will get the help i need here so please excuse my ignorance on this matter but i really do appreciate the attempt to help me out with this.

Yep. What Ray said.
I gotta admit that it took me a little while to get my head around the use of the green arrow. A good few flights before it dawned on me but, yes, it's as simple as that: Push the right stick in the same direction as the arrow to bring the H back...simple.
Thank you so much,i'm gonna fly tomorrow so hopefully i'll be able to get my head round this at last,appreciate your help.

Making it easier, if you need to get back and don't know which way to push the sticks, push the one the green arrow is pointing to. If the arrow is pointing at you, pull the stick back.

If it's pointing between two primary stick directions, just use one of the two until the arrow starts pointing mostly to another stick direction. Arrow in a direction, use the stick direction the arrow is most pointing to.

I just wanted to thank you all for helping me out with this problem,i now fully understand the green home arrow,my problem arose from the last controller i had ,which was my first!! and i now realise just how fried it was(it was bought second hand from someone) and because i was having problems with the home arrow on it i didn't know that it was faulty,so when i had this new one and it worked as it should i thought that this one was faulty!!!! hence my confusion.So again thank you for your advice and patience.Safe and happy flying everyone.

Reactions: Tuna
Another happy customer... :) Have some great flights!

Hi, interesting I have never needed that to get back but does it matter if in angle or smart mode? I will try this next flight. Always learn something new here, thanks.

It's only present in Angle mode. Since the H first came out I never paid much attention to green arrow. Read a few notes about it here and there but never made use of it until a couple weeks ago. Since I never get much over 500-600' out I don't need it but giving it a go to see how it worked was educational. It's very effective should the need arise.

Cool, thank you! I have only had my H /RS since November and only had it up a few times (northeast part of US). I only fly LOS but I will play with that feature hopefully today. Regards, be safe!

Yes! works as described. Had a nice flight today weather nice wind out of the SW at 11MPH. Ran two batteries through it. Green arrow will show direction you need to move the right stick to bring back to you. Also the H worked well after the latest update, first time out. Very pleased with landings etc. Good job Yuneec ! and thank you forum members. Happy flying and be safe!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval