Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GUI and H+

Larry, I suspect you are going to need to be a little more specific if you want an answer.
Are you having trouble binding the H Plus to the ST16S - is this the GUI you are referencing? If so, the H+ owners on this forum ARE able to have the H+ and ST16S bind (connect). If your unit is NOT binding, you need to explain the steps you are performing so we can see where the failure is occurring. Failing that, you will probably need to contact Yuneec Customer Support. Using the Chat feature is probably the quickest but if the issue is detailed, the phone callback is probably required.

I believe the OP is referring to the GUI intended for download to computer to be used for system checks and geo fence alterations for the H-480. A USB cable is used to link the aircraft to the computer, while the ST-16 is not employed at all. If so, the only references I have seen to date indicate linkage between the H Plus to the H-480 GUI is not possible. The two systems employ different comm bit rates so a comm error would be likely.

Here is something you need to be aware of, a virus in the GUI software.
upload_2018-7-29_21-47-48.png

Or.... a false positive?
The program that detected it has been flawless in performance in my systems for 19 or more years.

Barton/Pat R: Thank you for your replies. I was trying to connect the drone to my computer to test functioning using Yuneec's GUI software available from their website. Why? I am working on a steeply sloped site and needed to change the elevation settings as an up hill run put me close to trees at 400' AGL from the lunch site. No joy connecting. I thought that I may be doing something wrong but I now suspect that the provided GUI software is not compatible with the H+ software. I also note the warning regarding a virus in the GUI software. I was subsequently able to make the changes from the ST16S. Thanks again...

Yuneec has yet to release a new GUI designed to interface with the H Plus. Perhaps asking those that have a Plus about alteration of the factory altitude limitation or reviewing the Plus ops manual to locate the function that permits it.

Yuneec has yet to release a new GUI designed to interface with the H Plus. Perhaps asking those that have a Plus about alteration of the factory altitude limitation or reviewing the Plus ops manual to locate the function that permits it.
I referred to this earlier a few weeks ago. It is very easy to change the geo fence on the H+ without GUI. I had to when I was flying in Iceland to shoot some mountains. It worked wonderfully for me at 1600 and 1800 ft. height. Sorry I'm packed to leave the country or I would show how it's done.

Reactions: PatR and Ty Pilot
The Height restriction can be unlocked by clicking on the Setting tab, then from the Aircraft tab, scroll down

IMG_0728.JPG

At the bottom you will see the current height indicator along with a Green Locked Symbol.

IMG_0731.JPG

Clicking on the Lock will give you a Prompt you must agree to

IMG_0729.JPG

Click "Agree" and set the new height altitude up 1640 - AGL.

IMG_0730.JPG

Reactions: Barton and rdonson
Awesome news on being able to unlock the height restriction on the new H Plus!!
I sometimes have jobs where we have to climb a hill, if the hill is 500ft above take off point then it's a no go which is bad for my business. Glad that they have now adopted DJI's approach to the height restriction limit where they waiver their responsibility to the height restriction and not confined it to 400ft like the original H i still have :)

Yuneec has provided the ability to alter the height limitation for the entire history of the H class models. It was also present in the Q-500 and Chroma series. It has not been something recently adopted but it is something many owners have failed to make themselves aware of.

For the moment, one thing owners don’t have with the Plus is the ability to unlock NFZ’s, as is provided for those that apply for waiver software with the H-480. This is something I suspect will be resolved relatively soon. Yuneec’s commercial systems, the 520 and 920 Plus, contain no NFZ restrictions, and both can be adjusted by the user for height maximums.

Reactions: Rob Hadfield
Thanks for the information Pat I never delved into it but some had said that after a certain point in firmware on the old H that it couldn't be change.
But I'm glad they now included it in the menu's on the new ST16 :)

Going to sell my P4P when it comes back from DJI and getting an H Plus this week instead lol :)

Which is precisely what it is.
No Pat it is not a false positive, the virus just parked itself into a program file that is not used very often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loansjagat