Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H 520 for mapping better than P4P?

The guy in the video is very knowledgeable. I agree he never took in account the fov of the E90 vs the P4P. I happen to own both I did my own test... my results were (drum roll please) almost identical. The models vary slightly in color the P4P model has a little more color to it.(hardly noticeable between the two) the main difference is ease of use( again this is my opinion) the P4P has more options as far as apps we can use. (It also has POI ) which is very much needed for tower modeling. I honestly love my P4P for mapping and modeling,it really is a great easy tool to work with.... The H520 lacks a few key features but it shines in other areas. Not having POI can be a real pain in the ***, also not having the ability to use other mapping apps can be a bit of a pain as well ( I love Pix4D so it’s not an issue with me but a lot of colleagues sware by dronedeploy) I love that there is no geofencing, and that the flight controller app is barebones( most of the smart features on DJI go4 app are hardly used(Poi being the exception) I think the E 90 takes great photos but the video is blah at best( which I also love about the bird it forces me to throttle back and take things slow and not rush what I am looking at) that in turn makes me take better pictures. I know if I found some nd filters I’m sure I can make the video much better, but honestly I prefer the DJI for that. I rambled on a lil much but I believe that Paul (the guy that did the test) was trying to be as honest as possible. From listening to his podcast I know he is pro DJI but he welcomes competition in the industry(it’s a win for us more competition equals better tech faster and cheaper as companies compete). I know he will be rerunning his test and taking into account the fov. As far as the global vs rolling shutter, we all know which is better for mapping...
But remember what I said about taking it slow. I just slow down the mapping speed and haven’t had any issues. So what if the P4P maps a field in 10 mins where it takes the H520 12. It also looks a lot more professional when you pull out the H520 out of its case then it does when u roll up with a P4P. Both provide amazing results.

Reactions: Edb and arruntus
I have watched a few of Drone U´s videos and from my viewpoint they are all DJI ads.

Not sure that is true, I have listened to most of their podcasts, he was initially excited about the H520 and started to say if would likely deliver better mapping results. It seems that after using it for a while, he (Paul) has not found the results to be as reliable as other drones. He did openly say he was hoping for some competition in this space.

I was too initially, but after owning it found the H520, just too limited in its ability, and the promised upgrades, never came.

It does seem like Yuneec has "moved on" not much effort or focus here, just a guess.

If you need a quiet machine to do a lot of up close and personal inspections in windy conditions, this may be the best drone for you, if you do a variety of other work.....you may find that you need other drones.

Reactions: arruntus and Jwakie
Not sure that is true, I have listened to most of their podcasts, he was initially excited about the H520 and started to say if would likely deliver better mapping results. It seems that after using it for a while, he (Paul) has not found the results to be as reliable as other drones. He did openly say he was hoping for some competition in this space.

I was too initially, but after owning it found the H520, just too limited in its ability, and the promised upgrades, never came.

It does seem like Yuneec has "moved on" not much effort or focus here, just a guess.

If you need a quiet machine to do a lot of up close and personal inspections in windy conditions, this may be the best drone for you, if you do a variety of other work.....you may find that you need other drones.
Well said, I happen to agree I feel that YUNEEC has moved on. I also have been waiting for updates and integration of other software and features,(I think DJI bought out most of the key players in this field( kitty hawk io., DroneBase, drone-deploy,etc.) I also feel that the H520 is not as stable in the air as most hexacopters( it is very jerky in its movements) if it’s at a hover it’s rock solid, move it a little and it looks like my E90 might get sea sick from the rocking.( although I will be honest and say I have not updated the H520 in about 3 months(not sure if there were any upgrades) I am updating today to the new firmware(see how it goes)

Reactions: FasterPastor
Well said, I happen to agree I feel that YUNEEC has moved on. I also have been waiting for updates and integration of other software and features,(I think DJI bought out most of the key players in this field( kitty hawk io., DroneBase, drone-deploy,etc.)

I think this is the problem with an SDK which only covers the H520, that theres not the volume of aircraft out there to encourage developers to create or modify apps for it. Think they really need to work with key app makers (who already have Android apps) to get these apps coded for the Yuneec API. I'd say Drone Deploy, Litchi, & Kittyhawk would be pretty important ones. Not that I'm suggesting we process images on Drone Deploy itself, just the exposure through DD & the other apps would be highly valuable.

I think this is the problem with an SDK which only covers the H520, that theres not the volume of aircraft out there to encourage developers to create or modify apps for it. Think they really need to work with key app makers (who already have Android apps) to get these apps coded for the Yuneec API. I'd say Drone Deploy, Litchi, & Kittyhawk would be pretty important ones. Not that I'm suggesting we process images on Drone Deploy itself, just the exposure through DD & the other apps would be highly valuable.

A long time ago we have a French partner who already made progress with his application, the problem is not exactly that although you are right, the volume is not very large and even less so today given the stop that is the evolution of functionalities. It is precisely this lack of functionalities that stops any developer because it has no way to program an application that has utility and that only complies with the development of the firmware.............

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49