Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H-920 Tornado Error Flags

Reaction score
I have 2 error flags that I cannot find what they mean. Error 36 and 40. I appreciate any help.

Do you mean the error fags in FlightLog telemetry? If yes and if it is a decimal number then it is a combination of Compass Calibration Error and ESC error.
Are flying above or near 8000ft above sea level? Are those singe error messages or massive amount/duration? Can you show us the flight logs from the affected flight?

Error flags is a 8 bit array. 36: bit 5 and bit 2 is set; 40: bit 5 and bit 3 is set. Bit 5 is very common for Compass Calibration Warnings. The ESC related bits are very rare. I'm not sure if the naming is really identical to usage in FW.

More in Chapter 3.1 of this document: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE

Reactions: MountainDroneTN
I have 2 error flags that I cannot find what they mean. Error 36 and 40.

Do you mean the error fags in FlightLog telemetry? If yes and if it is a decimal number then it is a combination of Compass Calibration Error and ESC error.
Are flying above or near 8000ft above sea level? Are those singe error messages or massive amount/duration? Can you show us the flight logs from the affected flight?

Error flags is a 8 bit array. 36: bit 5 and bit 2 is set; 40: bit 5 and bit 3 is set. Bit 5 is very common for Compass Calibration Warnings. The ESC related bits are very rare. I'm not sure if the naming is really identical to usage in FW.

More in Chapter 3.1 of this document: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE

br HE

Attachments

• Telemetry_00051(0).zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 7
I appreciate you taking a look at this. I started the motors and let it idle for a moment and then gave it some throttle and it tipped backwards. The props on the 2 rear motors dug into the soft ground. It didn't damage the props. While it was idling all motors sounded ok.

Hello, I’m completely new to the H920+, so please take with a grain of salt:
Have you completed a compass calibration since your move from St Croix to Texas?

Edit: again, another low level of H920+ experience question- does the HW Monitor check show that the ST24’s right hand gimbal stick returns to center?

Last edited:
The telemetry files does not contain error flags (all 0). And please send the original files, not those destroyed one by Excel.

However, the error flags indicates motor problems and this is what we see. I would check the motors without propeller. Brake the motors by hand. But please wear a glove, because it can get hot on your fingers very quickly. When braking the motors, check whether the motor starts to jerk. It could be that one of the three coils is defect. This may not play a role when idle but will have affect if power is demanded.

nr HE

..... I started the motors and let it idle for a moment and then gave it some throttle and it tipped backwards. .................. While it was idling all motors sounded ok.
I don't know which propellor mounting system you have. The original system used two screws instead of quick mount. I think it was possible to get the props switched A for B. Your event sounds a lot like a reversed prop (or props) on the rear of the aircraft.
Have you checked to ensure all the props were mounted in the proper order?
H920 prop mounting.png

Last edited:
I don't know which propellor mounting system you have. I think the original system used two screws instead of quick mount. And it was possible to get the props switched A for B. Your event sounds a lot like a reversed prop (or props) on the rear of the aircraft.
Have you checked to ensure all the props were mounted in the proper order?
View attachment 29014
I have the two screws on mine. I am going to double check on the A and B props. I don’t think so but you never know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio