Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Gimbal Mount Question

Why only seeing two security pins on an H gimbal is such an "Oh My GOD!" moment for newbies fascinates me. The H only has two, has always only ever had two, and needs no more than two. It really doesn't need any security pins at all but some people like to fly a camera rig like a racer and crash a lot. Even having 4 pins will not save the day in those situations. They're built to fly, not run into things, the ground being included with 'things".

Why only seeing two security pins on an H gimbal is such an "Oh My GOD!" moment for newbies fascinates me. The H only has two, has always only ever had two, and needs no more than two. It really doesn't need any security pins at all but some people like to fly a camera rig like a racer and crash a lot. Even having 4 pins will not save the day in those situations. They're built to fly, not run into things, the ground being included with 'things".
This isn't unique to the TH (see what I did there). I used to see the same thing from newbies to the Phantom 2V+ which also comes with two pins. BTW, on the Phantoms dji calls them 'dropsafe' devices.

Yeah, my 2 cents. Never had a hard landing or crashed my Typhoon h. But.....When you have to calibrate your gps you put a big strain on that gimbal when you keep turning it in an inverted fashion as you must do. I attached 2 small zip ties to the gimbal mounts with no pins. I thought about pining them, but decided to go with the ties . They are still loose enough not to be a problem . I couldn’t get off the ground today because of a separated gimbal ball. That’s why I installed the ties .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss