Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus Hot motor !

Reaction score
Hi all. I flue my H Plus on Sunday last and on landing noticed that one of the motors was much hotter than all the other ones. On closer inspection I noticed that two of the windings were black. I had no warning displayed on the 16s or any problems with the flight. My concern now is I feel that it is only a matter of time until the motor either ceases and throws a prop or causes a fire? (I won't take the chance of this happening). I will contact Yuneec and inform them of this problem and ask for their advice as to what action I need to take now going forward.

Cheers.
Mike

Replace the Motor if it's getting Hot, nothing Good will come from that.

I totally agree. I have taken some pictures of the windinge on the motor and will sent them to Yuneec tomorrow and will await for their reply.
The H is only eight months old and because of the lockdown hasn't had meny flights so this shouldn't happen.
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
one of my motors was hotter than the others, it finally stopped and landed with 5 motors, I replaced that one motor and it's fine again, better get a motor/arm quick, it took 3 weeks to get one in but only 10 minutes to swap out

Update on Mother running hot and Yuneec warranty.
Hi. I taught that I should let you all know. I contacted Yuneec UK and the told me that because I purchased the H from Yuneec EU that I must contact them for anything regarding warranty work? I sent a email to Yuneec EU and was annoyed because I hadn't had any response from them in almost two weeks. I was sitting at my PC one day and decided to check my emails, still no response from Yuneec. For some reason I checked my SPAM folder and low and behold there was two email from Yuneec.eu. They were sitting there for a couple of weeks. The first email said that I should send the H back for service, the other email said that they had posted the complete arm with the motor attached. Well happy days. A couple of days later the parcel arrived and I had the mother fitted in less than an hour. Everything is working as it should now and I am very happy with the service I received from Yuneec.eu Germany.
It made perfect sense to me that Yuneec service should just send me the parts needed as it would save time and money for P&P and man power. It's so nice to have the H plus back in the air again. I have nothing but praise for Yuneec as I have purchased lots of items from them like props /legs/lights etc and the delivery was fast.
Regards.
Mike

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval