Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus presale questions

I t
Bench (manufacturers spec) vs. Flight (The real world)
From my personal log. Some numbers are great others are poor.
( time are rounded to the nearest 10)

*Mavic Pro: Dedicated for asset management, inspection, mapping.
- 19min @50%
- 24min squeezed @30%

*Mavic 2 Pro w/ payload Hasselblad: Dedicated for progressive, mapping.
- 19min @50%
- 22min squeezed @30%

*Inspire 1 w/ payload x5 w/ oly 14-42mm: Dedicated for asset management, inspection.
- 16min @50%
- 18.3min squeezed @30%

*Inspire 2 w/ payload x4s w/ oly 12mm: Dedicated for mapping.
- 16min @50%
- 20.5min squeezed @30%

* No cell deviation and cycled every 20 flights.

*TH Plus w/ payload C23: Dedicated for asset management, inspection only
- 14min @50%
- 17min squeezed @30%

* IR at green (assuming safe. No cell deviation) charger used DY5 as main charger and aftermarket charger to balance the cells.
I thought the DY5 was a balance charger?

The NFZ's on Yuneec here in the US are class B and C airports and other permanent No Fly's like around Disney, the White House and so forth but I do not believe Yuneec has published an actual map for all of their NFZ's.

Not sure about the Real Sense being exactly the same on the H and Plus. The Plus is a totally different system and is not compatible with any of the controllers or wizards from the H so my guess is the RS has some different coding or something while externally it looks the same.

The Plus uses a different type of LiPo called LiHv or Lithium High Volt and is reported to give longer flight times. My longest flight time with the 480 was around 17.5 minutes and now that those batteries have hundreds of flights that time is down to about 13 or 14 minutes. On the Plus I was getting slightly more - a little over 18 minutes in roughly the same conditions and so forth. . . at first. The LiHv's seem to age quicker than standard LiPo's and if you do a google search. others say the same thing. I think 30 minutes is impossible with the Plus, but if you remove the RS module you can gain possibly another three or four minutes.

In General I think the Plus is a very good platform. You simply cannot fault the camera as it is superb for this class of drone. Things could be improved but overall, if I were to buy another craft in this range today, I would get another Plus. But to be honest, I prefer many of the aspects of the Typhoon layout and controller over anything currently available. I would like to get a MP2 but only as an addition to my fleet, not as the front line work horse.

The C23 camera is superb. Wishing that it has a LOG dynamics, and customizable saturation, sharpness, and contrast. The M2P w/ hassy will surprise you, with range, dependability, portability, and with the added sensors, confidence comes, with it.

There are lots of talks about NFZ restrictions, as though it is disabling the DJI fleets. When, I was waiting for the TH Plus unlock code, my DJI sUAS was flying in places, where the TH Plus could not. Mapping, and its intelligent modes are definitely accurate.

As part 107. It is easy to get unlock codes.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I have had my H plus for a little less than a month and get between 19:20 and 22:00 flight time with each battery. That is flying and not hovering. I have not had less than 19:20 on a flight yet.

I would love to hear some specifics about how you're getting that kind of time, even on a new battery, such as; are you in the US and therefore equipped with RS? Is this a stock Plus battery?What is the battery percentage upon landing? Flight conditions for these flights?

All three of my Plus batteries have performed exactly the same throughout their life. When new they'll do 18 - 18.5 minutes to the first battery warning. By forty flights they'll lose about a minute. By 90 flights they are down to around 14 or fifteen minutes. I have not removed the RS module but I do hear that it can make up as much as a couple minutes.

Hi TY
I have flown @ 6 times with each battery so far. I live in Sarasota and fly with permission at my church that has a huge amount of acreage. The wind has been average, somewhat breezy a couple of days, but not too bad where I was standing. I have mostly just been practicing taking pictures and using ccc plus poi. I am making sure I land at around the second warning. I mostly hand catch. My altitude is maybe between 50 and 200 ft on average. I do not push it to hard with throttle unless going to a specific area. I will be going out tonight to fly. Looking forward to it.
Could the battery times be different with how aggressive it is flown?
I would love to hear some specifics about how you're getting that kind of time, even on a new battery, such as; are you in the US and therefore equipped with RS? Is this a stock Plus battery?What is the battery percentage upon landing? Flight conditions for these flights?

All three of my Plus batteries have performed exactly the same throughout their life. When new they'll do 18 - 18.5 minutes to the first battery warning. By forty flights they'll lose about a minute. By 90 flights they are down to around 14 or fifteen minutes. I have not removed the RS module but I do hear that it can make up as much as a couple minutes.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Hi TY
I have flown @ 6 times with each battery so far. I live in Sarasota and fly with permission at my church that has a huge amount of acreage. The wind has been average, somewhat breezy a couple of days, but not too bad where I was standing. I have mostly just been practicing taking pictures and using ccc plus poi. I am making sure I land at around the second warning. I mostly hand catch. My altitude is maybe between 50 and 200 ft on average. I do not push it to hard with throttle unless going to a specific area. I will be going out tonight to fly. Looking forward to it.
Could the battery times be different with how aggressive it is flown?

So you have about the same conditions as we do over here in Orlando and most of my flying is very moderate. I have seen videos of guys getting times like you mention but for my Plus I could never get that much without pushing it past second or third battery warnings.

I will do a test tonight. First I'll fly like I have been, then my second battery I'll try something different such as flying faster in a large radius until I have to land.

I have been vigilant about having my plus returned near to me when @ 30%. I then land @ second warning.
I wonder if age of battery before being shipped to consumer has something to do with it.

Battery age may have a little bearing, but one of our members @AH-1G found several brand new in-the-box Typhoon H batteries at a local hobby store. They are almost certainly closing in on three years old, and upon charging and flying he found that they would indeed give him nearly 18 minutes of flight time and that is before hitting the first battery warning.

i suspect that Yuneec did the same with the Plus in terms of batteries - they probably had a massive production run, and nearly every battery from the first plus sold last summer to ones found at dealers today are using batteries of approximately the same age. I think as long as they are in storage mode without that first charge cycle they will likely be as 'good to go' if put in use today or ten months from now.

Reactions: oliver and AH-1G
Battery age may have a little bearing, but one of our members @AH-1G found several brand new in-the-box Typhoon H batteries at a local hobby store. They are almost certainly closing in on three years old, and upon charging and flying he found that they would indeed give him nearly 18 minutes of flight time and that is before hitting the first battery warning.

i suspect that Yuneec did the same with the Plus in terms of batteries - they probably had a massive production run, and nearly every battery from the first plus sold last summer to ones found at dealers today are using batteries of approximately the same age. I think as long as they are in storage mode without that first charge cycle they will likely be as 'good to go' if put in use today or ten months from now.
I've found new H batteries 2018/19 brand new fresh from Yuneec etc and had one or two to be higher internal resistance than 2016 batteries I've got, so new isn't always better.

With the close churches everything is possible (humor) :)
Finally, I filmed a cathedral, it did not improve the time ...
Remember that I do not speak English well and that I do not want to shock anyone!
Thank you

You speak better English, than some who were born and raised here... a few have even managed to ascend to political power... :eek:

Reactions: Good time Charlie
I just sold my old Typhoon H with Intel RealSense so I am now browsing for new drone and it will be H Plus or Mavic 2 pro.
So I am creating pros & cons list.
Anyway, on DJI website there is this no fly zone map so we can know exactly areas where flying is forbidden, but where can i find such map for Yuneec NFZ ?

For about Intel RealSense on H+, is this module completely the same hardware as on old H or what ? I mean, on Yuneec store it is the same product for H+ and H.

What is your real time doing operations in the air with H+ until first battery warning ?

Anything you want to add that I should consider when choosing between these two copters, please fille free to write here.
Try AIRMAP; downloadable on your smart-phone

So I did do the flight test the other night. My first flight was partially in sport mode then angle, flying around fast. I got 19:50 l at 24% My second test was using ccc and poi modes flying slower and using a lot of the camera controls. I got 21:46 at 24%. Is this too low of a percentage to land? It is at second warning.

@Ty Pilot and a few others can give you a great insight on the H+.
He mentioned to me new batteries on the H+ was slightly over 17 minutes, but as it aged it's down to 13 or so minutes.
You can apply for a forever NFZ if you have a 107, if not you can only get a temporary NFZ, I think up to 90 days?
I have the forever NFZ, I haven't had issues or need permission ahead of time to fly from the manufacture. I just go to LAANC and apply.
There is no longer a 'forever' NFZ.

I have not had any imagery or video from a MP2 directly so I cannot make a fair comparison, It is very good no doubt. The C23 has some quirks of it's own and if you do a search in this forum for 'what do you want to see on H Plus' you will find a lot of us have similar complaints.

In Time lapse mode, the setting for 5 seconds is more like six and a half seconds.

The JPG's are crap - way over sharpened but the DNG's are beautiful. You cannot shoot just DNG only and the fastest you can take photos is about every three seconds.

The way the C23 makes folders and starts the count at 001 is maddening but you get used to it.

And there are others but in the end, for me; and the type of work I do, I can put up the the negatives from the H Plus for now.

The MP2's portability at times seems very handy, but there are times when I prefer the bulk and heft of the Plus. We do real estate and the Plus looks and acts the parts for that type of work and any of the shortcomings of it or the C23 really don't hamper those types of operations for me. But yeah there are times I would like to grab something like the MP2 and hop on my bike and just go anywhere. I will probably end up with one now that I am thinking about it.

I was a DJI guy first and the six rotor, rotating gimbal, retracting gear and especially the controller with built in screen lured me away from the Phantom line and as long as the Phantom stayed as it was I stayed with Yuneec. However, Yuneec is slow to recognize problems and respond with the right solution so at times owning a Yuneec takes a little patience. On the other hand we do not have to deal with some of the issues that are part of the DJI culture. For me it really comes down to seeing which fits in with all of it's quirks to the needs we have and it is a real close call either way I think.
Yuneec has a Camera Raw lens profile to straighten things up.It's on their website. Nice!

Hello, someone has installed the RealSense module in H Plus, I just installed it and I do not know if the IPS works.

The owner's manual isn't really clear. It says it will turn on, or not. Why and how I don't know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop