Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus record sound ????

If you're into video editing you can easily record the sounds of the Typhoon H simulator, running on your PC. Recording a few representative sounds (take off, land, accelerate, hover, etc) and you can then patch them into the audio stream with good realism.

Don

That sucks. I spent $1799.99 on the H plus and can't record audio. I bought the Typhoon H for $1100.00 and it recorded audio. That's disappointing.

Reactions: Buck Rodgers
If you were hoping for audio I can understand your disappointment and please don't take this wrong but; many upper level consumer drones have done away with microphones as the audio is useless to record anything that is the subject of the flight. But I do understand how some may want to hear the motors occasionally. The audio parts don't weigh a lot but they do take up a little room inside the case. Also cost may play a role. As an example, the GoPro hero 5 and 6, need an external device (50 dollars more) to be able to plug a microphone in because that space was removed to make the camera smaller and more efficient. The earlier ones had that on board. I actually forgot that the Standard H records sound as I turned it off on day one.

Reactions: JackMTaco
This does kind of suck. I suppose over the years I got used to the whirring drone sound and find it relaxing when I watch my raw videos. I think the main issue is moving forward with the C23; so far an excellent camera. It essentially will never be able to be used as a stand-alone on a hand-held gimbal.

Yeah, even my Panasonic LX-10 that I use as my main camera does not have audio in. I have to record all audio to a separate device and match in post. If you're looking to put a camera on a gimbal there are a lot of handheld gimbals made for just about every camera you can think of. This is a larger one for point and shoots to medium DSLR's and works perfectly. This company make one for cell phones for around a hundred and twenty bucks I believe.

Crane.jpg

The only reason I wanted to record audio with the H+ was to see how much more audio I could pick up since the motors and props are 40% quieter.

I wouldn't call it "prop noise" nor would I call the recording of sound relative to the TH+ in operation amateurish. It's a matter of perspective and you could certainly disable sound if so inclined. Sound would be one more tool useful when that tool is needed. When using tools, you may not have need for all the tools at any given time, but they're nice to have when needed. ;)

I still prefer not having to deal with the prop noises. If there are problems I think the telemetry info will be more helpful than the prop sounds.

Mechanical vs electric totally two different animals.
With these electric motors, it's more about feeling them for vibration and once motors are off, turn with your hand so you can feel discrepancies in the rotation.

I still stand with those who prefer options.

For me, boring or “tedious” is watching a silent movie. That’s me though. I like having the option to “turn it down” or off.

I have been able to find the mute setting, in my video editor, to hide the audio track in anything I want to use.

Different strokes, I guess.

[emoji41]

Jeff

Reactions: Trav H
Prop noise is very annoying, and when I hear this on a video I just don't watch it.
I remember flying cross country in a T-41 ( 4 hours one way via VOR's) from Butts Army Air Field to Ft. Sill. With a full stop in Amarillo TX.
Bruuuuuuuum, constant engine sound. I had to sing and talk to myself or I would go insane. 3 days flying around 19.4 hours

Dang that was back in 11/03/75 (looking at my log book)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece