Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus Video Recording Malfunction...

This is an example of what @Vaklin is referring to.
View attachment 27630
If you look at where the co-ax cable meets the solder filet the shielding is broken and makes poor contact. This results in a high SWR (standing wave ratio) and intermittent loss of continuity as cable gets flexed.

Experimentation with different antenna and ground station can help identify the problem area. Camera, antenna on ground station, or WiFi card in the ground station.
Interesting. Is this a quality control problem, or manufacturing defect with new units? Is that picture from inside a C23?

Interesting. Is this a quality control problem, or manufacturing defect with new units? Is that picture from inside a C23?
No this is from a CGO3 camera, but the same type of antenna is in the C23 and in the mushroom antenna for the ST16S.

We are not saying this is the problem you are having. It is just one of the possibilities.

I was actually able to fix that one by removing some outer insulation and wrapping wire around the exposed shielding and soldering it back to the filet.
3B4A9865-742D-4082-9895-BACB009F86C3.jpeg

A C23 antenna. As you can see, it is defective as many.
16455627860781192688097010639315.jpg
Repaired by me.
16455628405925117679893809152800.jpg

Of course, there are a lot of causes in your case. This is only one of the possibles.

The best way is to ask the seller to solve the problem.

Reactions: DoomMeister
BTW, do you have telemetry active when the video feed freezes? Also, the WiFi link is dedicated to the movement of the copter. Do you see any disturbance?

A C23 antenna. As you can see, it is defective as many.
View attachment 27635
Repaired by me.
View attachment 27636

Of course, there are a lot of causes in your case. This is only one of the possibles.

The best way is to ask the seller to solve the problem.
Nice repair job! Thanks to you guys for posting the photos and this is good to know. I still haven't heard back from seller.

Well, as annoying as it may sound, this thread might be able to come to a close! I conducted another couple of flights at the same location - this time using the 32GB SD card included with the H+ kit AND keeping the mushroom in the up position perpendicular to the controller surface. I flew out to the maximum distance to where I could see the drone, about 1600 ft, doing multiple video start and stops. Each one recorded perfectly and responded quickly. I guess this either proves the SD card was the culprit, or somebody shut off the interference signal!

Again, the microSD card used originally was a SanDisk 64GB, which formatted and worked -- when it wanted to. Some videos recorded normally, but most did not due to the video function freezing. For this reason it was a perplexing problem. I suppose this shows a card limitation of some kind with this system...

At what distance are you losing video feed? What configuration do you have the antennas in on your ST16S?
If using the mushroom (omnidirectional) antenna it needs to be positioned so it looks like it just growing out of the ground.
View attachment 27621

If you are using the patch (flat directional) antenna you need to point the flat surface at the aircraft all of the time.
View attachment 27622

The wand antennas should be positioned as shown so the plane they are in is perpendicular to the ground and at 90 degrees to each other.
Brilliant thank you

Again, the microSD card used originally was a SanDisk 64GB, which formatted and worked -- when it wanted to. Some videos recorded normally, but most did not due to the video function freezing.
Glad to hear the card made the difference. I have personally flown an H+ out to 2400’ using the mushroom in a crowded WiFi environment. That was getting close to loss of VLOS that day. Depending on direction of travel the video signal would get choppy at that distance.

What format did you use on the 64GB SanDisk? Formatted in the camera or on the computer? Would you upload a photo of that card so we know which one exactly?

Occasionally you can get a bad card or get one that is a clone and not made by the company printed in the card.

Glad to hear the card made the difference. I have personally flown an H+ out to 2400’ using the mushroom in a crowded WiFi environment. That was getting close to loss of VLOS that day. Depending on direction of travel the video signal would get choppy at that distance.

What format did you use on the 64GB SanDisk? Formatted in the camera or on the computer? Would you upload a photo of that card so we know which one exactly?

Occasionally you can get a bad card or get one that is a clone and not made by the company printed in the card.
Sure. I formatted this card in the C23 with the controller..

Attachments

• 20220223_031421.jpg
    20220223_031421.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220223_031534.jpg
    20220223_031534.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 4
Is it possible to link video clips from Google Drive here? I'd like to show the flight location too.

Is it possible to link video clips from Google Drive here? I'd like to show the flight location too.
Yes, just share the link.

Sure. I formatted this card in the C23 with the controller..
That card is U1 rated and is not capable of recording 4K video. As I stated earlier you need a card that is U3 and/or V30 rated.

That card is U1 rated and is not capable of recording 4K video. As I stated earlier you need a card that is U3 and/or V30 rated.
Wow. I didn't see that rating on the card before and I can't believe it won't record 4k video. Thanks for the tip!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval