Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 CCC mission Fly Away and crash

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue, I just purchased an H3 as an upgrade to my H at this point I am not sure how much of an upgrade it is. I have been slowly working to learn the ST16S controller and working to get the feel of the H3, I have noticed it takes a lot longer for the H3 to come to a complete stop and it also seems glitchy, one flight it works great and the next it flies it self into a tree while running a CCC mission. It was as though I had no control over the speed or camera and when it reached about the 4th way point it went off course and ate a tree.

Can you upload the Flighlog data? I'm not even sure what system the H3 uses for flight data, or if we can read it. But if you can get get it, we may be able to diagnose inconsistencies in the behavior. Not many are familiar with the H3. I am certainly not, but will do as much as I can.
I assume you are familiar with the curved path the drone takes between CCC waypoints and took that into account when planning the mission?

What action did you take to try and change the flight speed during the CCC mission?

Are you using the global mode for camera control so the camera is controlled by the right stick?

The H3 is the same airframe as the H520 and H+. This video by @Ty Pilot for H+ CCC missions may help in the future.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You can adjust the stopping distance in the rate curves. Just be careful not to make the stops too aggressive. An abrupt stop will place a lot of stress on the camera gimbal and dampeners.

You can retrieve the logs on the H3 by following this video:

You can retrieve the flight logs data as follows. The screens on the H3 are similar but slightly different. But the concept is the same:

What action did you take to try and change the flight speed during the CCC mission?

Are you using the global mode for camera control so the camera is controlled by the right stick?

The H3 is the same airframe as the H520 and H+. This video by @Ty Pilot for H+ CCC missions may help in the future.

Thank you for all the information, I am working to pull the files directly off of the H3 as shown in the video, I will let everyone know what I find. The Cable CAM video is very good, I used that video and some of his others to help get familiar with the ST16S. Looks like the damage to the H3 is moderate one broken arm and the clips will need to be reset, the only item that has me concerned is the camera streams video but I have lost gimbal control, I am thinking a broken control wire. No spin of death which is a pain to fix on the H, side note, I found all you have to do is find the dead spot in the magnetic ring and it lines right up.

Thank you for all the information, I am working to pull the files directly off of the H3 as shown in the video, I will let everyone know what I find. The Cable CAM video is very good, I used that video and some of his others to help get familiar with the ST16S. Looks like the damage to the H3 is moderate one broken arm and the clips will need to be reset, the only item that has me concerned is the camera streams video but I have lost gimbal control, I am thinking a broken control wire. No spin of death which is a pain to fix on the H, side note, I found all you have to do is find the dead spot in the magnetic ring and it lines right up.
"I found all you have to do is find the dead spot in the magnetic ring and it lines right up."
There is a hint of "Uh-Oh" here. Can you clarify what you mean by "magnetic ring"?

"I found all you have to do is find the dead spot in the magnetic ring and it lines right up."
There is a hint of "Uh-Oh" here. Can you clarify what you mean by "magnetic ring"?
On the Typhoon H CGO3+ camera inside the Pan motor housing, there is a magnetic ring which passes over a sensor. The sensor and magnetic ring work together to keep the camera facing forward. This is off topic and I should not have added it into my post, if you a screw driver you will find a dead or weak spot in the magnet I marked it with a sharpie and when I aligned it with the sensor I was able to fix the spin of death on my old camera.

I may have gotten lucky as well, just a strange coincidence since if I moved it even slightly to either side it went back into the death spin.

Ok, here is what I have been able to determine, the H3 was definitely off mission when it ate the tree. I was able to pull my flight logs into UAV toolbox and I have attached the results, The first mission where, I set the waypoints the drone was at 44ft giving it plenty of clearance above the evil tree. During the CCC mission the drone never obtained the correct altitude it was losing altitude at 20ft when it decided to have a salad for supper. I have attached pdf files of the UAV toolbox data, I will definitely be purchasing it, for my H3 and H, Up until now I have always flown with the sticks and never used the automated features prefering to have full control. To fully utilize the H3 and take my videos to the next level, I need the advanced flight tools just frustrating since Yuneec makes a good product but publishes little to no supporting information.

I have been working with a great lady at Yuneec but I am not holding my breath regarding them replacing the H3 under warranty without a fight, hopefully I am wrong. I appreciate all the knowledge this forum offers.

Attachments

• crash.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • Setting way points.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 9
Those pdf files are not helpful for analysis of the problem.

Remark: H3 has the same log format as the H Plus (and with the same shortcomings like invalid datasets).

Better analysis is possible when we see the raw data Telemetry/Remote/RemoteGPS and Sensor. Please note the numbering of the sensor files do not match to the numbering of the other CSV files. Assignement can be done by date/time of the files.

br HE

All,

Finally after a very long process, Yuneec admitted the flight logs were “inconclusive” they could not determine what caused the fly away. They are replacing my damaged drone with a new unit. My only complaint is the length of time it took to get resolution but in the end they stood behind their product.

All,

Finally after a very long process, Yuneec admitted the flight logs were “inconclusive” they could not determine what caused the fly away. They are replacing my damaged drone with a new unit. My only complaint is the length of time it took to get resolution but in the end they stood behind their product.
That is good for you! Glad they are helping you.

It would really help us to help you and other H3 owners if you would upload the actual flightlogs of the successful CCC missions and the one that resulted in a crash. I believe the procedure would be the same as for the H+ found in this document. https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev82-pdf.26682/

If you are uncomfortable posting them on the open forum then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link with me (@DoomMeister), @Steve Carr, @WTFDproject, or @h-elsner using the Conversations area of the forum.

It would also help to know the method you used to create the CCC mission. Did you fly the route and record the waypoints, or use an editor like in UAV Tookbox? Before the fateful flight, did you edit any portion of the CCC mission?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval