Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 discontinued?

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Yuneec discontinued the H3. It hasn’t been on the market that long, I had some issues with the first one I had but once Yuneec replaced it the second one is outstanding, Blows my old H out of the water.

I have to agree with you that it hasn't been out that long. I was originally going to get an H3 and had also seen a number of posts of various issues with the unit from other users. About once a month I check the Yuneec site and in early Sept I couldn't find the H3 page. Checked again 2 days later and still no page. In a phone call to Yuneec(yes, I actually got to speak to a live person, but forgot her name) a person did confirm that the H3 has now been discontinued without saying exactly why. She did say that all info(docs, parts, etc) regarding the unit should now be available on the yuneecskins site. She did also state that there are still a number of new H3 still available for sale.

So, I set my sites on getting an H+ and have ordered one with Vertigo Drones... just waiting for it to get here. Vertigo had recently sent out emails about a month or so ago that they were having a sale on their H3 stock. Hmmm, what perfect timing. But I contacted them too late... they have sold out. It seems that things were not going well between the two companies involved in the H3 and have parted ways.

In my opinion there was not much difference between Ion camera and the C23. The H3 and H Plus share the same basic firmware, airframe and controller. They used different cameras and batteries. I think many users didn't find the differences sufficient to justify a higher price for the H3.

Oh heck. I was hoping to get the H3 with the Leica camera in the new year. Even if I can get one ex-Stock I’m not sure I would be happy buying a discontinued model as there will presumably be no firmware upgrades or enhancements going forward. Such a shame 😕

Oh heck. I was hoping to get the H3 with the Leica camera in the new year. Even if I can get one ex-Stock I’m not sure I would be happy buying a discontinued model as there will presumably be no firmware upgrades or enhancements going forward. Such a shame 😕
There are a number of sellers on Amazon that still have NEW H3's available, but, I wouldn't wait till the new year to order. And, parts should be available on yuneecskins for some time.

In my opinion there was not much difference between Ion camera and the C23. The H3 and H Plus share the same basic firmware, airframe and controller. They used different cameras and batteries. I think many users didn't find the differences sufficient to justify a higher price for the H3.
I have been a photographer for over 30 years and I have to agree with Steve. Even I decided to save money and just get the H+.

There are a number of sellers on Amazon that still have NEW H3's available, but, I wouldn't wait till the new year to order. And, parts should be available on yuneecskins for some time.
YuneecSkins may have parts that are common between the H3, H520, and H+, but I would not count on him having specialty parts for the H3. Maybe John, @Yuneec Skins, could enlighten us on that topic.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yuneec Typhoon H Series Parts Compatibility List
Sorry for the Delayed Response it took me awhile to put this together and it's a work in progress, I haven't got my hands on an H520e yet, so I will update it when I do.
Let me know if you see any errors...;)

Attachments

• Typhoon H Series Parts Compatibilty List.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 29
All this is about sales. They look at numbers not what people have to say. DJI swallow everybody in the industry of drones. Look what they did with others at the time someone decide to launch a new drone they came up with something similar at a different price.
This is happening right now with Mavic 3. Maic 3 is an Autel Evo 2 in every aspect except the camera which is not interchangeable. They soon will come with a new model with a better camera. Yuneec soon will be out because they can't be aggressive as DJI in the market.
So many investors in DJI want others to fade out and they want the monopoly on the industry. Look what they did to GoPro Karma and 3DR solo they are pretty good drones at the time but they died because they can not compete with DJI.

All this is about sales. They look at numbers not what people have to say. DJI swallow everybody in the industry of drones. Look what they did with others at the time someone decide to launch a new drone they came up with something similar at a different price.
This is happening right now with Mavic 3. Maic 3 is an Autel Evo 2 in every aspect except the camera which is not interchangeable. They soon will come with a new model with a better camera. Yuneec soon will be out because they can't be aggressive as DJI in the market.
So many investors in DJI want others to fade out and they want the monopoly on the industry. Look what they did to GoPro Karma and 3DR solo they are pretty good drones at the time but they died because they can not compete with DJI.

If Yuneec pulled there head out of there ***, that other drone company.. would loose market share! To many dji fan kids for my taste! Yuneec is very unique .....
Peace

Look what they did to GoPro Karma and 3DR solo
That is very true. They have a history of keeping a new model in hiding waiting for a competitor to release a new drone. Then they "leak" pictures of their secret to steer buyers away from the competition.
DJI want's domination over the industry just as the CCP wants world domination. And it's working.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
that and a huge mistep with the h520e. yuneec now shipping out new internal frames to correct a vibration defect that at the root of the battery melt down issue.

• Wow

I have read that DJI has about 70% of the US market... they are like Facebook and that's not good. I really think that Yuneec needs to get another drone in the under $1000 range like the Q500 4K was. Make it good and support it. It, just seems to me that Yuneec is now just looking to attract government and commercial customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dale w
So are we going to get this update for free? And when is the RTK module upgrade is going to be released?
That is something you should check with the vendor you purchased from and/or Yuneec. The vibration issue is a new direction for the issue of the battery connection debacle.

that's why I am holding off purchase of the rtk waiting on vertigo drones to get the frames in. they are instructed to tear down all their h520e and h520e rtk units and replace the internal frames.

I have read that DJI has about 70% of the US market... they are like Facebook and that's not good. I really think that Yuneec needs to get another drone in the under $1000 range like the Q500 4K was. Make it good and support it. It, just seems to me that Yuneec is now just looking to attract government and commercial customers.
They announced that more than a year ago.

I purchased a new 520e 6 months ago and then built a H+ and converted it to a 520 for a trainer. Thing is i really don't think Yuneec is a commercial drone. The controller is big and bulky with poor joy sticks. When I get the courage to update a .bin file I always waist countless hours and worry about what's gonna happen, Right now my 520 with the e50 camera has camera issues from the newest update and I have to go back and install the previous gimbal .bin. Then there's the fact that from about 5 emails requesting information I received zero answers. Then all the sudden I got this idea to try a DJI 2s. Well I'm not buying Yuneec any longer, I wish I didn't have to purchase DJI but if a customer wants a solution they have a solid product. And purchase the air 3, **** yeah and the replacement insurance for sure. What a concept, I balled up a 2s and got a replacement for 119 bucks. Now I follow commercial drones closely and The components are there for some good machines, it's just a matter of the investors or the good ol us government to push the technology. American Robotics scout is a perfect example. In the beginning I thought Yuneec was solid until I purchased one and realized it really wasn't. BUT, after ripping and shredding with the 2s it's kinda fun slinging the bulky 520 around.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval