Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 discontinued?

yuneec has not given the go ahead to public viewing of the new part. In other words they do not want any one to know what they done.

I do have to say first gen h520 does have it issues mine all have been pay load quality. 1 e90 where the lens pop out of it's sensor housing. 1 c23 that was purchased used bad slipring wire. e50 poor picture quality compared to e90 or working c23. other than that flight wise not bad. if you can get a hold of sticks from st16e controller that fixes the stick issue with the st16s. now for the st16s gps dropout and not wanting to work been bugging me. I have not have that issue with the h480 st16 nor st16e. now fun part I have built a prototype power source that works on the st16 h480 and st16s for first gen h520 possible h plus and the h3. that uses any 24 to 12 volt source you can throw at it so long it under 3 amps but more than 1 .5 amps output. currently using flight batteries from h520e and h3 to power the st16s controller. currently doing idle testing but soon will attempt a flight test with it. once I nail down the new power supply source then next phase second lcd monitor with hdmi input and power source for it. a pelican case clone. fan for cooling built in 4 hawks xr antenna and built in mounts for yuneec oem antennas and home built docking station for the st16s controller with all wiring attached ready to go. also a power switch to choose battery power or power coming from a ac adapter or any out side 12v dc source prime example deep cycle car battery.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
Carma is a you know. Today I put in an older version of the gimbal bin file. looked good, camera was stable (e50)
flew around a few minutes at low altitude then went up about 75 feet to get a video of the river and then, motors quit and the unit fell to the ground, after about 20 feet of freefall i heard the motors come back in but i think it just helped it drive down faster. Sad feeling but then again I am now fully committed to removing yuneec from my fleet
Totally scary feeling, my brand new toyota tacoma was in it's sights, luckily it just hit my chop saw and broke the blade cover on the saw. The drone, i dont know, why would I even consider a rebirth when something like this happens. Maybe 350 on ebay if i get lucky but I probably will just throw it in a box and shove it into storage so I don't put anyone else through the crazy experience i have had with this unit

Carma is a you know. Today I put in an older version of the gimbal bin file. looked good, camera was stable (e50)
flew around a few minutes at low altitude then went up about 75 feet to get a video of the river and then, motors quit and the unit fell to the ground, after about 20 feet of freefall i heard the motors come back in but i think it just helped it drive down faster. Sad feeling but then again I am now fully committed to removing yuneec from my fleet
Totally scary feeling, my brand new toyota tacoma was in it's sights, luckily it just hit my chop saw and broke the blade cover on the saw. The drone, i dont know, why would I even consider a rebirth when something like this happens. Maybe 350 on ebay if i get lucky but I probably will just throw it in a box and shove it into storage so I don't put anyone else through the crazy experience i have had with this unit
Is that the H520e or the home built H520?

yes st16e is now working on third party power source. there is a issue with the dummy battery causing it to power cycle. for it to work power 2 wires are connected to the st16e plug. now few more runs then next phase. same battery precent count down is under way.

Is that the H520e or the home built H520?
hplus conversion. was doing pretty good, had about 3 hours flying, took it to the keys and flew the bridges, kinda sad I thought it was a good build. I have a new 520e , will probably sell it before it falls out of the sky. Terrible feeling watching it happen. was able to hook the camera back up and it worked but it's busted up, the controller all came alive, i dont think i am gonna mess with it any more, I'm definitely ready to find another brand. I really like the 6 rotor build, but I have lost faith in that can fly on 5 motors theory

hplus conversion. was doing pretty good, had about 3 hours flying, took it to the keys and flew the bridges, kinda sad I thought it was a good build. I have a new 520e , will probably sell it before it falls out of the sky. Terrible feeling watching it happen. was able to hook the camera back up and it worked but it's busted up, the controller all came alive, i dont think i am gonna mess with it any more, I'm definitely ready to find another brand. I really like the 6 rotor build, but I have lost faith in that can fly on 5 motors theory
I spoke to my Yuneec US Contact on Monday, November 15th, 2021, and 1 of the Topics in our conversation was about the Battery Issue that a few H520e Owners have experienced, and not all H520e's will have this problem, That is all I can say at this point. I am supposed to receive a phone call within the next week with more information that I will share promptly after. There is no need to take any drastic measures such as selling your H520e, if you do experience any issues do to a manufacturer defect Yuneec has been good about making it right, I was assured that Yuneec is dedicated to advancing their Commercial UAV Development. Yuneec US is under "New Management" and they are doing there Best to assemble a Customer Service Department as good or better than the former Yuneec US organization. and due to Covid19, it's been a slow process, mainly because it's difficult to have assemble a competent Customer Service Department with some of their Staff working remotely or from home. They are still getting overloaded with Legacy Product Owners calling, and looking for Parts, Service and Repairs. I tried calling the Customer Service phone number for over an hour getting a Busy Signal and was unable to reach anyone... I will update this Reply when I know more, I am confident the Yuneec US Team is doing their Best to continue advancing their products, if I didn't believe this I wouldn't bother to comment...;)

yes the new yuneec is much better with honoring there warranty and taking care of there customers. no issues at all with any problems I presented to them quick to respond as well. and yes do not sell your h520e's overall they are much better than first gen h520 when it comes to payload and you can now test fly without payload attached and get all telemetry data that you could not get if you flew without payload on first gen h520. also you can do all calibrations with out payload attached except gimbal on the h520e another thing you can not do on the first gen h520

That's interesting flying without a payload and getting telemetry. I am flying DJI now and my 520e sits till i feel it's ok and safe. I have 2 hours on it tops with 4 new batteries. learning about not being able to get telemetry without a camera, drones only fly one mission, advertised they were px4 and briking a mainboard working with the drone connected to px4. crazy responses after updating firmware. outrageous prices for little parts and no availability, no service answers, dropped support after 1 year, that's pretty much how I got here, and of course my drone just falling out of the sky I posted pictures of parts I am moving Grey 520a – LocalAd Photo

I am not going all commie here. Let me explain, commercial accounts for my service want drones that look like certified airframes. Of course these hobby drones would never pass muster with a FAA certification. I am moving into the ag operations and again DJI is cranking out machines but at this level american made can compete it's just a matter of time now. I enjoy building with different commercial class flight computers and CANBUS is the way to control everything. But when a customer wants to see a demonstration they don't want to see Billy's home built they want to see complete production systems and of course working by the hour I want a solid machine that can work 100 hours without issue.

Does anyone know why Yuneec discontinued the H3. It hasn’t been on the market that long, I had some issues with the first one I had but once Yuneec replaced it the second one is outstanding, Blows my old H out of the water.
It is no longer on the Yuneec website but still available at Yuneec Europe and on a French website

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval