Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 Team Mode Help.

Reaction score
I just purchased a new H3 from Yuneec. I also purchased a used ST16s ground station that was originally paired with someone else’s H+. Does anyone here know if it is possible, and if so how to install the H3 flight software or app onto the used transmitter? I followed some steps I saw on YouTube where I erased the existing apps, then I downloaded the H3 apk and controller firmware from yuneec’s website. I went thru the entire install and when I was finally done, it came up as the H+ again, even though what I downloaded was supposed to be for the H3. Is something wrong with yuneec’s H3 downloads, or is it not possible to re-purpose this transmitter from an H+ to an H3?
They both use the ST16s right?

The ST16s will work with the H Plus, H3 and the H520.
I will send you a personal message to see if I can help you get the firmware installed.

• Wow
Reactions: 7cyclops
The ST16s will work with the H Plus, H3 and the H520.
I will send you a personal message to see if I can help you get the firmware installed.
I have a similar problem. I bought a new controller, but it seems to have different software and there is no team mode. I tried to install the latest software versions on the 2 controllers, but it wont update ...

Please clarify exactly what problem you are having. I'm not sure if you are having problems with an ST16S that is already running H3 firmware or if you have an HPlus ST16S and want to convert it to H3.

IF you need to convert:
1.) The Yuneec H3 ST16S firmware download section is FUBAR. It is HPlus firmware.
2.) Download the H3 firmware from the Yuneec Skins firmware repository at H3 Controller Firmware. Note: Use only the firmware in this newly created directory. (There appears to be a mixture of HPlus/H3 firmware currently in the YS website for the H3.)
3.) Do a Factory Reset on the HPlus ST16S
4.) Update the controller manually using SD cards. (Let us know if you need help)
5.) After the SD card update, do a normal OTA firmware update to ensure you have the latest versions.

Please clarify exactly what problem you are having. I'm not sure if you are having problems with an ST16S that is already running H3 firmware or if you have an HPlus ST16S and want to convert it to H3.

IF you need to convert:
1.) The Yuneec H3 ST16S firmware download section is FUBAR. It is HPlus firmware.
2.) Download the H3 firmware from the Yuneec Skins firmware repository at H3 Controller Firmware. Note: Use only the firmware in this newly created directory. (There appears to be a mixture of HPlus/H3 firmware currently in the YS website for the H3.)
3.) Do a Factory Reset on the HPlus ST16S
4.) Update the controller manually using SD cards. (Let us know if you need help)
5.) After the SD card update, do a normal OTA firmware update to ensure you have the latest versions.
I have a H3 and 2 ST16S controllers. One is the controller that came with the RPAS and is to control the RPA, the new one is to control the camera. The old one works fine, but the new controller has the software for the H520 on it. I can update that software, but I can't replace it for the H3 software. When I try to click the mci_firmware.bin or the autopilot.yuneeq files on the sd card it says: No application can open this file...

I have a H3 and 2 ST16S controllers. One is the controller that came with the RPAS and is to control the RPA, the new one is to control the camera. The old one works fine, but the new controller has the software for the H520 on it. I can update that software, but I can't replace it for the H3 software. When I try to click the mci_firmware.bin or the autopilot.yuneeq files on the sd card it says: No application can open this file...
See Attachment 32 (ST16S HPlus to H3 Conversion) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project for instructions to convert the H520 ST16S to be an H3 ST16S. The guidance will be the same. The screenshots may differ somewhat, but I didn't notice any difference when I gave it a quick test run on an H520 ST16S. After you do the manual conversion using an SD card once, the normal OTA update will run normally for the H3 firmware.

I asked this question to Yuneec in the UK (they are just distributors apparently) and they in turn got these instructions from Yuneec EU:

1. On your ST16S go to Pad mode…..settings…back up and reset…factory data reset
1a, If this does not delete Flightmode 2.0, then when on the “APP” screen, hold your finger down on the Flight Mode symbol and this will then allow you to slide it to the top to “Delete”
2. Wait for ST16S to reboot
3. Place file (Flightmode 3.0) onto SD card (APK) and insert into bottom of ST16S controller
4. File manager
5. Swipe left to show directory
6. Click on SD card icon on top left corner
7. "Yuneec app release" apk shows on bottom of files (or whatever your Flightmode3.0 file is called)
8. Click the file, a pop up will appear, press settings
9. Tick "Unknown source settings" tick box and select ok
10. Press return key on ST16S controller on bottom right of the controller
11. Returns you back to the file directory screen and press "Yuneec app release" apk again
12. Then another pop up will appear and select next and again next and the last screen will ask you to install on bottom right, select install and then click open.
13. Then once you click open the flight mode controller is installed onto the ST16s

The flight control program on the H3 is called FlightMode 3.0 and the file they sent me was called [Yuneec-App-Release.apk]. (Which can't be sent over Gmail it turns out, their server blocks it.) Can't attach it here, but I think it's the same as the one on YuneecSkins.

I now change my spare ST16S between having Datapilot for the H520 and Flightmode3.0 for the H3. The main thing to remember is that you can't have more than one of the flight control programs on at the same time (Datapilot or Flightmode2.0 or Flightmode3.0).

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thank you Steve Carr, WTFDproject and Whisperit. I really appreciate your help. I have printed your instructions and incorporated them into my manual. I now have my second Ground Station set and ready for Team Mode.
Now all I need is my H3 to use it with. First the gimbal started acting up the first day I got it. Then the motors would not arm due to Battery Contact Warning. Today I received light at the end of the tunnel. Yuneec issued me an RMA#, and told me that a shipping label should be emailed to me shortly so that I can return it for a New H3. I hope it gets here soon.

• Wow
I spent 30mins trying to get my H3 to arm last time I was out. The warnings tell you something is wrong, but no more specific than that. At first it was the battery warning, removing the white line label and giving it a good shove, even it was already clicked in, helped with that. But afterwards it was just a load of shutting down and turning off, ST16S and drone, until it armed. I did move it away from the car at one point, maybe that helped.

Losing confidence that this "professional" drone can actually be relied upon for commercial use....

• Wow
I spent 30mins trying to get my H3 to arm last time I was out. The warnings tell you something is wrong, but no more specific than that. At first it was the battery warning, removing the white line label and giving it a good shove, even it was already clicked in, helped with that. But afterwards it was just a load of shutting down and turning off, ST16S and drone, until it armed. I did move it away from the car at one point, maybe that helped.

Losing confidence that this "professional" drone can actually be relied upon for commercial use....
I am feeling the same way.
I was hoping for the H3 to be an all around workhorse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval