Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Crash

Sorry, but CCC does what it is designed to do. That is smooth curved paths.

If precise point to point positioning is desired, there is an app for that. It’s called DataPilot. Comes with a sleek colorful platform too.

Not being a smart alec. Just defending CCC while pointing out “the right tool for the task” does exist.

Jeff

4. Extended range, like 5 miles

6. No "no fly zones" I should have the freedom to break the law without a nanny state deciding in advance that I am going to do so. In other words, if I break the law, I pay the penalty. But don't make everyone suffer for the few criminals that MIGHT be out there.
So your telling us you can see the Yuneec H 5 miles away?
VLOS only!
Freedom to break the Law!
When it comes to aviation this shouldn't even be on your mind let alone attitude!

And I totally agree. No matter how much China assures us that the data is "anonymous", so what? I see no compelling reason for them or anyone else to collect data on what I do with my property. They do it because they can. For this reason, I want to make my own drone, but lack the technical expertise to make what I want. Here is what I would want in my own drone:
1. Sensors on top, bottom, front and back for collision avoidance
2. RTH that works 100% of the time.
3. 360degree HD camera. Yuneec got this one right
5. Strong enough to survive most crashes without breaking
6. No "no fly zones" I should have the freedom to break the law without a nanny state deciding in advance that I am going to do so. In other words, if I break the law, I pay the penalty. But don't make everyone suffer for the few criminals that MIGHT be out there.
7. Programmable routes. I know Yuneec has this, but the CCC on the TH is a joke. I want PRECISE positioning

If you gave me this kind of platform, I would buy it in a heartbeat. (assuming it is affordable)
I disagree with you on points 4 and 6.

Point 4...you are gonna be out of VLOS by a good long shot. Not just pushing it a bit but you are gonna be way out there and be a dangerous uav pilot...the kind of guy that the rest of us are suffering for with tighter laws.

Point 6...What exactly don't you get by the term 'No Fly Zone'? You should not have the freedom to break that law. You are the criminal that IS out there...the kind of guy that the rest of us are suffering for with tighter laws.

And I totally agree. No matter how much China assures us that the data is "anonymous", so what? I see no compelling reason for them or anyone else to collect data on what I do with my property. They do it because they can. For this reason, I want to make my own drone, but lack the technical expertise to make what I want. Here is what I would want in my own drone:
1. Sensors on top, bottom, front and back for collision avoidance
2. RTH that works 100% of the time.
3. 360degree HD camera. Yuneec got this one right
5. Strong enough to survive most crashes without breaking
7. Programmable routes. I know Yuneec has this, but the CCC on the TH is a joke. I want PRECISE positioning

If you gave me this kind of platform, I would buy it in a heartbeat. (assuming it is affordable)
Pretty impossible to be anonymous now a days, we're monitored on CCTV, Automatically number plate recognition, when we buy something with a card, wait we view on the internet, how's that data being used?

So your telling us you can see the Yuneec H 5 miles away?
VLOS only!
Freedom to break the Law!
When it comes to aviation this shouldn't even be on your mind let alone attitude!
I thought only Steve Austin could see that far!

I disagree with you on points 4 and 6.

Point 4...you are gonna be out of VLOS by a good long shot. Not just pushing it a bit but you are gonna be way out there and be a dangerous uav pilot...the kind of guy that the rest of us are suffering for with tighter laws.

Point 6...What exactly don't you get by the term 'No Fly Zone'? You should not have the freedom to break that law. You are the criminal that IS out there...the kind of guy that the rest of us are suffering for with tighter laws.

I also like point 5 - “strong enough to survive most crashes without breaking”. So he wants a drone built like a tank, but still light enough to get air born, let alone fly for more than 1 minute. Probably going to need to ask Tony Stark from the Avengers if he has any of this tech laying around, lol. Please, ask for a cloaking device as well so you can fly it illegally AND invisibly?

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot
The term affordable is relative to your income level. If you earn $ half a mil or over every year a $200k drone could be affordable. If you earn $30k-$50k a year with the usual gamut of financial responsibilities a $1,000.00 drone could push the edges of your financial comfort zone. So some people will be able to afford a lot more in a drone than others.

As for freedom to break the law, every individual makes a personal choice to obey or not obey laws. However, those that choose not to obey are also choosing to be subjected to what a nail sticking up from a wooden floor is subjected to. Eventually it will be removed from the floor or hammered deeply into the floor. It won’t go unnoticed.

Last edited:
That is going to be one huge UAV to remain VLOS at that distance!!!

Not going to be battery powered.

I can tell ya that a 12’-14’ diameter multirotor is not visible for LOS operation at 5 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
Consider parallel runways less than 2,500 feet apart as a single runway while doing a approach

1. Heavy behind heavy- 4 miles.
2. Large/heavy behind B757- 4 miles.
3. Small behind B757- 5 miles.
4. Small/large behind heavy - 5 miles.
You know how difficult it is too see these guys from those distances when flying? Your constantly scanning back and forth between your controls and straining your eyes to find these monsters. Landing and taking off always exciting.??

Last edited:
Very cool....I shot a Dassault Falcon last summer for a client while it was in for maintenance....

• Wow
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop