Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 & E90 updates

Reaction score
Since not having seen any recent complaints about the current firmware updates for H520 & E90 following a batch of them earlier in the year, I decided to do the update using Update Pilot.
Now;
The H520 hesitates in turnarounds during a mapping mission, re-setting its position 2-3 times in the turnaround before returning along its flight path.​
RAW files from the E90 are corrupt (most of them).​
I notice that the firmware versions are not the same reference as shown on the Yuneec UK website for download (screenshot below shows what's on the controller now).
Do I need to return to earlier firmware? And how do I do that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-28-14-55-16.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-28-14-55-16.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 50
Since not having seen any recent complaints about the current firmware updates for H520 & E90 following a batch of them earlier in the year, I decided to do the update using Update Pilot.
Now;
The H520 hesitates in turnarounds during a mapping mission, re-setting its position 2-3 times in the turnaround before returning along its flight path.​
RAW files from the E90 are corrupt (most of them).​
I notice that the firmware versions are not the same reference as shown on the Yuneec UK website for download (screenshot below shows what's on the controller now).
Do I need to return to earlier firmware? And how do I do that?
H520 or H520E? We never had that behaviour before with the original version. Now we have an H520E (RTK) and DPilot v2 solved the wonky turn behaviour. It may be specific to that model though because the RTK wanted to hit the exact coordinate for the turning point so it would navigate it self around until it did. I don't know that DPv2 is compatible with the older H520.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the "lastest" H520 and ST16s updates which you show (EU or N. America) still have the issues you are describing but, unfortunately were never, AFIK, corrected. For that reason I never upgraded to the latest versions. The version on my H520 (N. Amaerica) is:

Datapilot ST16s - 1.6.57
RC version: 0.37.0
E90 camera: 1.0.61_A
Camera E90 Gimbal: 2.40.3
Flight Controller: 1.6.18
Datapilot desktop: 1.5.0.1
Update Pilot: 1.6.7

The aircraft flies normally with this setup, doesn't go wonky between waypoints on a survey and the camera data is good.

I don't know if there has been any acknowledgement by Yuneec about these issues or if the H520 is beginning to be abandoned in favour of the H520E?

Last edited:
Reactions: chascoadmin
Correct me if I'm wrong but the "lastest" H520 and ST16s updates which you show (EU or N. America) still have the issues you are describing but, unfortunately were never, AFIK, corrected. For that reason I never upgraded to the latest versions. The version on my H520 (N. Amaerica) is:

Datapilot ST16s - 1.6.57
RC version: 0.37.0
E90 camera: 1.0.61_A
Camera E90 Gimbal: 2.40.3
Flight Controller: 1.6.18
Datapilot desktop: 1.5.0.1
Update Pilot: 1.6.7

The aircraft flies normally with this setup, doesn't go wonky between waypoints on a survey and the camera data is good.

I don't know if there has been any acknowledgement by Yuneec about these issues or if the H520 is beginning to be abandoned in favour of the H520E?
We never had those issues with the H520 but haven't flown it in months so there may have been an update that came through that caused it. Especially if they are reverse engineering from the H520E because yes is still supported but definitely at the back of the line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval