Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 issue - Fail-safe enabled

Reaction score
My H520 which has given good service for three years has developed an issue when flying at distance & height - beyond about 220' altitude and 100 yards out. I get an intermittent voice warning - " No RC, fail-safe enabled". This is immediately followed by "Angle mode", as if the No RC warning has kicked-in and immediately cancelled. This warning process continues until the drone is closer to home again.
Flying close to the controller is no problem.
I have the flat antenna on the ST16s which is facing the craft. No recent updates.
Can anyone advise?

This sounds like issues with the Zigbee 2.4GHz RC signals, but may be with the 5.8GHz patch antenna. If you have the 5.8GHz mushroom antenna give it a go to see if there is a difference.

What were your average distances you operated at before this issue presented itself?

Thanks. I have a mushroom antenna on my TH St16 so I will swap them and try.

Most of my work is roof inspection and site mapping. For roof inspections I fly close to the building, and my controller, at usually less then 100 yards distant and just above the roofs (commercial & industrial buildings). Site mapping will be normally at 150'. But I always take a few high level shots of the sites too, so the drone is used to being anywhere from a few yards to 200-300 yards distant.

The mushroom for the Typhoon H has the opposite circular polarity of the H+/H520 so that may not work very well. The 2.4GHz antennas for the Zigbee RC are the same though so a swap there may help isolate the problem.

The orientation of the antennas matter. The 2.4 GHz stick antennas should be vertical and form a slight V shape. The 5.8 GHz mushroom antenna should point up. If using the flat panel it must be pointed at the aircraft.

ST16 Antennas.jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm thinking that the fact that the equipment has all worked fine for three years but now I'm having issues implies a malfunction somewhere.

I'm thinking that the fact that the equipment has all worked fine for three years but now I'm having issues implies a malfunction somewhere.
Likely, but it will take troubleshooting to isolate the problem area.

Have you noticed the signal strength change on the upper right side of the screen?
Set the 520 on the ground and walk away while watching the signal to see if it drops out.

1647739171192.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval