Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 ST16S + UAV Pilot Simulator

Reaction score
Hey guys,

so I need to configure an ST16S to work with the Yuneec simulator dongle/UAV Pilot Flight Simulator. I'm aaalmost there, too ;).

I plugged in the dongle, turned on the simulator on my laptop (win10), I clicked "Radio" tab on the program, then Bind Yuneec USB Reciever. A window appeared that I should go to the binding menu etc (these messages are based on the Q500/H480 menus). I went to the ST16S, went into menu->vehicle->manual bind. Surprisingly, after I went back to the simulator and clicked OK, there was a message that the connection was successful. I can fly now... BUT!

The controller now works kind of funky:
  1. I always used Mode 2, but here for some reason sticks work in Mode 4 and there's no way to change it (AFAIK), but yaw and roll are reversed (stick goes right, copter goes left)
  2. pushing the sticks out to an extreme position makes the simulator neutralize the stick. Example: the sticks are visualised in the program. Pushing a stick physically 70% out, makes the stick in the simulator go 100% out, but pushing the physical stick farther (90-100%) makes the "virtual" stick return to the neutral position. I guess the values are mapped differently here. As a side effect, keeping the left stick entirely down for 3 or more seconds switches off the motors.
  3. I can change flight modes from angle to smart, but I have to use K1 instead of S4.
Any ideas as to how to make it work properly, in mode 2?

Yes if my recollections are correct, the simulator is not intended for the ST16S but for the ST16. Flight Orders are not the same. On the St16s the controls are planned for the H520 PX4 platform which is not on the Typhoon H.

Yes if my recollections are correct, the simulator is not intended for the ST16S but for the ST16. Flight Orders are not the same. On the St16s the controls are planned for the H520 PX4 platform which is not on the Typhoon H.

Thanks for that interesting bit of information. I have the same issue with the same two products. I thought for sure I read somewhere that Pilot would work with the ST16S.

Apparently, this is one of the problems with "working" in a fast-changing market. However, since the stick was purchased from the Yuneec site, I would think there would be better details of exactly which equipment works with the Pilot software.

Oh well. $35.00 plus shipping, customs and taxes to my home in Cayman doesn't mean anything to me, but I'm sure there are many Yuneec customers that consider this an issue. I know I will be very very careful in the future and come to this forum in the future before I purchase any more accessories.

Hopefully, others will learn from our experiences!

Reactions: arruntus
Thanks for that interesting bit of information. I have the same issue with the same two products. I thought for sure I read somewhere that Pilot would work with the ST16S.

Apparently, this is one of the problems with "working" in a fast-changing market. However, since the stick was purchased from the Yuneec site, I would think there would be better details of exactly which equipment works with the Pilot software.

Oh well. $35.00 plus shipping, customs and taxes to my home in Cayman doesn't mean anything to me, but I'm sure there are many Yuneec customers that consider this an issue. I know I will be very very careful in the future and come to this forum in the future before I purchase any more accessories.

Hopefully, others will learn from our experiences!

Sorry to late, I had bought the H520 and ST16 last month and then thought I would do bit of learning to fly it on the UAV Sim before my CAA flight test. Not to be I afraid and the loss of another £35.

Recent updates on the H520 and the H Plus now allow those to be used with the Flight sim.

Recent updates on the H520 and the H Plus now allow those to be used with the Flight sim.

I guess you mean on "Recent updates " on their ST16s controllers as their simulator stick has nothing to do with birds themselves.

It looks like there has been a simulator software issue more like a problem with ST16S controllers. I could bind and use it on 4 different machines(all windows but different OS version) However on all machines it worked only once. The second time I tried it just stopped working.

I have updated my H520 but the Simulator still does not work. Why don't Yuneec provide proper instruction as the only reply I got from them is "software has been updated" but spent the last two hours trying to get ot to work is very frustrating.

Yes I downloaded the latest software, however the STEP 4 instructions states "Choose the tap "Remote Control" in the UAV Pilot software and connect the system to the Yuneec USB adapter.
"Remote Control" does not appear in the UAV Pilot software?

I have had the dongle since November, should this have been updated?

I have had the dongle since November, should this have been updated?
I don't think there is any difference in the sim stick. All the changes are in the software. I haven't tried the 520 with the sim but If I get a chance tonight I'll give it a go.

I take it that the Simulator does not work with the H520 and I should now get my money back?

I take it that the Simulator does not work with the H520 and I should now get my money back?
I've only seen one post from a 520 owner who used it. Apparently there is an error in the binding instructions. He was able to get it bound by modifying the procedure but I don't have the details. Guess I'll have to try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis