Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Update Problem

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I ran into an Update Pilot quirk I was not aware of, and thought it might be useful for others having the same issue.
The problem was UpdatePilot kept timing out and displaying an "error" sign. It was odd, because I had used UpdatePilot before with no issues. It turns out there was nothing really wrong. I just did not know how UpdatePilot decides which WIFI systems it is looking for.
When you use UpdatePilot the first time, it requires you to "select" the internet WIFI and which camera you want to use. If you always update from the same location and using the same camera, no problem. But if you move to a different location, or mount a different camera, you will get an update failure. In my case, I had mounted a different e90 on the H520.
It turns out Update Pilot does not search for WIFI or Camera each time it starts. It remembers the ones you originally selected, and will continue to search for those, and only for those, until you tell it otherwise.

The solution is to use the not-so-obvious Settings Icon in the upper left of the UpdatePilot screen to manually select the new internet WIFI connection and/or the new camera. The H520 manual seems to be a little short on that particular detail. The manual mentions that when you call up UpdatePilot, it will remember the last internet WIFI and camera you used. What it does not mention is if you are not at the same location, you have to manually select a new internet access WIFI, and if you are using a different camera, you have to manually select the new camera. Or both. It does not matter if the ST16S itself is already connected to the new WIFI and/or bound to the new camera. Even if you've been flying around for a week with no problems, the ST16S DataPilot and UpdatePilot don't talk to each other. UpdatePilot is still going to look for the last ones you used for update until you tell it otherwise.
And the manual did not bother to mention that.
Here is the selection process in a nutshell:
Both.jpg

Ma question est sur le document ci-joint pour m'assurer que vous l'avez en anglais. Merci

Document below copied here by Moderator:
Hello,
I want to change the camera.
everything is fine with the E90.
After installing the CGOET camera, I have the message (see photo).
I try to do an update and manual selection of the cgot and I have the message (photo2)
Do you have an explanation?
thank you

Attachments

• question cgoet.txt
    268 bytes · Views: 8
  • reponse connect cgoet.jpg
    reponse connect cgoet.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12
  • reponse 2.jpg
    reponse 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Ma question est sur le document ci-joint pour m'assurer que vous l'avez en anglais. Merci
Does the CGoET work normally other than not performing the update ?
Does the update work correctly if you change back to the E90?

Le CGoET fonctionne-t-il normalement si ce n'est qu'il n'effectue pas la mise à jour ?
La mise à jour fonctionne-t-elle correctement si vous repassez à l'E90 ?

yes, good questions.
All is correct.
I put E90 back on and filmed this morning.
Then, reinstall CGOET and launch the same procedures.
The update went well on the first try.
Why?
I went to a different place, further from my livebox (wifi telephone network connector).
Is it for that?
Conflict between wifi camera and wifi network?
Tomorrow I will do a flight to check the operation and learn how to use the thermal.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: WTFDproject
yes, good questions.
All is correct.
I put E90 back on and filmed this morning.
Then, reinstall CGOET and launch the same procedures.
The update went well on the first try.
Why?
I went to a different place, further from my livebox (wifi telephone network connector).
Is it for that?
Conflict between wifi camera and wifi network?
Tomorrow I will do a flight to check the operation and learn how to use the thermal.
Thanks for your help.
I would only be making guesses if I tried to answer why it went well this time. But it is interesting. I wonder if @DoomMeister might be able to comment on the difference?

Je ne ferais que des suppositions si j'essayais de répondre à la question de savoir pourquoi tout s'est bien passé cette fois-ci. Mais c'est intéressant. Je me demande si @DoomMeister pourrait commenter la différence ?

I think it has something to do with UpdatePilot wanting the E90 connected. I think @WTFDproject had run into something similar a few months back where you have to log off of one camera in UpdatePilot or DataPilot and sign in with the other.

The other situation that can help is to have the WiFi connection on a 2.4 GHz link so the cameras do not have to disconnect from the ST16S while communicating with the update server.

can be remove CGOET then put E90 back then put CGOET back to "wake up" the system. The update is done and it worked well this morning. No zoom or yaw (I think this is normal); the flights will have to be worked with precision, but that's okay. All that remains is to use the images. thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval