Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 v H480 Battery Test

Reaction score
a guy over on a face book group gust did a test on a brand new H480 batt v H520 batt in his H520. Both batteries are brand new and in his test he got around 5mins longer flying time using the H480 battery discharged down to the 30% warning!
I plugged a freshly charged H480 battery in my H520 and the ST16 transmitter shows 77% charged, because of the lower voltage, but has higher capacity. I’ve not done the flight test myself yet as the weather here is not good at the moment. But if this finding is true, that opens a can of worms as you can have 2 H480 batteries for the cost of 1 for the H520!!!
Anyone else tried this yet?

a guy over on a face book group gust did a test on a brand new H480 batt v H520 batt in his H520. Both batteries are brand new and in his test he got around 5mins longer flying time using the H480 battery discharged down to the 30% warning!
I plugged a freshly charged H480 battery in my H520 and the ST16 transmitter shows 77% charged, because of the lower voltage, but has higher capacity. I’ve not done the flight test myself yet as the weather here is not good at the moment. But if this finding is true, that opens a can of worms as you can have 2 H480 batteries for the cost of 1 for the H520!!!

You can put the time achieved with each battery please. It is somewhat odd that more flight time is achieved with a battery with less energy.

Kay Waite. do you state that the 480 battery fits physically to 100% in the 520 and that you can fly with it??

yes I 480h batteries are compatable using them for preflight equipment test to make sure I covered in may disaster situations with failsafes.

You can put the time achieved with each battery please. It is somewhat odd that more flight time is achieved with a battery with less energy.
As soon as the weather here clears, I will do the test myself. The H480 has a higher capacity battery 5400mah 79.9wh against H520 5250mah 79.8wh. The H520 battery is a HV LiPo so 15.2v against H480 14.8v, so the H480 battery actually has more energy.

Reactions: Graham
waiting on 4 flight batteries and one st16 battery to fully charge then heading right out to fly. test the h520 first after redo all calibrations.

As soon as the weather here clears, I will do the test myself. The H480 has a higher capacity battery 5400mah 79.9wh against H520 5250mah 79.8wh. The H520 battery is a HV LiPo so 15.2v against H480 14.8v, so the H480 battery actually has more energy.

It will be very interesting to see the results. Above all, being able to use the H480 batteries and taking into account those available from other manufacturers.

Since autonomy is the biggest problem with drones it is one of the most important tests to do :)

I'm guessing the 480 batteries will show a rapid voltage drop if you fly aggressively. If you fly conservatively then they may do well. There was a post elsewhere that suggested caution about wind or fast flying using the 480 batteries. I suspect because of a lower C rating?

well that went mostly well h480 on h520 was on par with of h480 no camera.redid all calibrations. however I need to access the tlog files first flight fails safes failed unit tip forward stop front motors all the other ones where running red shut down button failed to shut unit down tried manual mode unit screamed out manual flight mode failure angle mode failure return to home failure . got a long branch and poked the power button to shut it down that failed it would not shutdown forced to flip craft entirely on roof to stop all motors and pull battery it was the only method for complete. shut down throttle stick was held flat down no difference. other than that no other issues responds nicely. oh when you it 27 to 26 percent battery unit goes rth mode automatically even if you are just about to land on the ground. and hit manual mode still overridden.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jindaldoorandply