Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E differences from H520

Are the gimbal vibration absorbers still the jelly-filled sieves? I really hope they improved somehow with the rest of the kit. The ones we tested were from the old model so I don't know if there changed vendors or not.

Just made a quick check of the system. Put the H520E drone up at 100' elevation, 600' away from vehicle target. Wind at 5 to 8 mph. Here are 2 clipped pics from a video, #1 the beginning at 1X, and #2 the final at 30X optical zoom. No digital zoom, although 6X is available, making a potential zoom of 180X. Interesting stability. Had to adjust the drone position slightly during the zoom.

E30z_0010-far.jpg
E30z_0010-close.jpg

Just made a quick check of the system. Put the H520E drone up at 100' elevation, 600' away from vehicle target. Wind at 5 to 8 mph. Here are 2 clipped pics from a video, #1 the beginning at 1X, and #2 the final at 30X optical zoom. No digital zoom, although 6X is available, making a potential zoom of 180X. Interesting stability. Had to adjust the drone position slightly during the zoom.

View attachment 24581
View attachment 24582

Wow, awesome! ...and we just THOUGHT the public was freaked out by drones peeping on them. My wife literally came to me about an hour ago because her friend was asking her questions about drone law in regards to a drone that was hovering over/near their back yard while their girls were playing outside, but when the dad came out they took off.

I do believe they are. I will double check later on. after I get done with the night shift I have to work.
I can see from their marketing video on the Vertigo website that they are and they are obviously leaking in one of the closeups of the gimbal... Makes no sense to me to miss a detail like that when it was one of the few we harped on in beta.

I asked this question regarding the H520E some time ago with no response. again, when is the new RTK version being released? I have heard lots of rumors, but still no definitive schedule. I'm beginning to think the Yuneec brand has more problems than their worth. Looking through all of the comments I'm having a difficult time justifying my investment with a company that has so many issues. Am I wrong in this assessment?

I asked this question regarding the H520E some time ago with no response. again, when is the new RTK version being released? I have heard lots of rumors, but still no definitive schedule. I'm beginning to think the Yuneec brand has more problems than their worth. Looking through all of the comments I'm having a difficult time justifying my investment with a company that has so many issues. Am I wrong in this assessment?

The H520E RTK is already available!
I am a commercial Yuneec dealer in Switzerland and have the H520E RTK incl. the E90x in stock.

So... have a nice trip to Switzerland and you will be the proud owner of the H520E RTK :)

Best regards,
Enrico

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
The H520E RTK is already available!
I am a commercial Yuneec dealer in Switzerland and have the H520E RTK incl. the E90x in stock.

So... have a nice trip to Switzerland and you will be the proud owner of the H520E RTK :)

Best regards,
Enrico
Unfortunately we can't get them in the USA yet, but I'm on the waiting list. ;)

Unfortunately we can't get them in the USA yet, but I'm on the waiting list. ;)
That's great to hear! Please keep us informed of your thoughts and opinions regarding this unit. I have been on the fence regarding Yuneec products vs DJI, and have been looking at the DJI workhorse Phantom 4 pro RTK which a lot of folks use here on the Atlantic coast. The Yuneec H520e RTK looks like a good platform, but like anything else that's new, take a while to get the kinks worked out.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I waiting on the base station to be released for the h520e rtk or one that is confirmed to be compatible with it before I order the h520e rtk.

If you supply RTCM3 corrections via NTRIP the base model doesn't matter. If you are trying to supply via a local base it will need to have a compatible LoRa radio which I may be wrong, but I doubt is how they designed the system. Either way I would never run RTK on a drone for survey-grade work for accountability reasons. You'll also want to consider the lack of capabilities of their base as it is very unlikely that it will have the functionality to act as a rover and collecting GCP's if desired. Word on the street that it's going to be around $2500 not included with the airframe so you could buy a better receiver with survey software for that.

Last edited:
just got the last 2 oem h520e charging cube modified for third part charger. testing went well. I now got 4 h520e charging cubes ready for use with four port charger set to the battery specs.

Reactions: chascoadmin
I got the email this morning from Vertigo Drones that they have the H520E RTK in stock, I just turned in my purchase request so don't go buy them all! ;)

Bunu duymak harika! Lütfen bu ünite ile ilgili düşüncelerinizi ve görüşlerinizi bize bildiriniz. Yuneec ürünleri ile DJI arasında kararsız kaldım ve burada Atlantik kıyısında pek çok kişinin kullandığı DJI Workhorse Phantom 4 pro RTK'ya bakıyordum. Yuneec H520e RTK iyi bir platforma benziyor, ancak yeni olan her şey gibi, aksaklıkları çözmek için biraz zaman ayırın.,
Ben hem p4p rtk hemde yuneec h520e rtk kullandım.
Pil, rtk performansı ve kullanım olarak p4p rtk cihazını tavsiye ederim.
H520e kamerası e90x tam bir hayal kırıklığı

Google Translate:
I used both p4p rtk and yuneec h520e rtk.
I would recommend the p4p rtk device as battery, rtk performance and usage.
H520e camera e90x is a disappointment

Last edited by a moderator:
This basic receiver is currently not yet available.
It is also not necessary in Switzerland, since we have enough other public reference points.

This basic receiver is currently not yet available.
It is also not necessary in Switzerland, since we have enough other public reference points.
I am glad then. The unit we beta tested with was a piece of coal.

I don't really need it either although I would like to help get another local base option figured out for those who may want to use it or just in case I run into an area with poor coverage. You may not ever experience this, but we do have areas with poor enough cellular coverage that we cannot use NTRIP. Also considering Switzerland is 6% of the size of Texas you can surely understand how we certainly have opportunities to get further from the CORS than is acceptable per our tolerances. Once you go beyond about 15-20km and depending on local and atmospheric conditions it would be unwise to be complacent in your faith of the RTK corrections being processed. Trust me from 20+ years of surveying with GNSS. Either that or you're not doing survey-grade mapping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1