Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E differences from H520

possibly even better from this from the manufacture Use Reach RS2 to set up your own base station. Stream corrections over the network via NTRIP/TCP (this is of interest to me set it up to transmit via it's built in modem to the st16s data pilot) or LoRa radio, record base logs for post-processing. Reach RS2 works with any amount of rovers and is compatible with Reach RS+ and M+. basically it can transmit in ntrip/tcp on it's own has built in modem or lora compatible radio.

possibly even better from this from the manufacture Use Reach RS2 to set up your own base station. Stream corrections over the network via NTRIP/TCP (this is of interest to me set it up to transmit via it's built in modem to the st16s data pilot) or LoRa radio, record base logs for post-processing. Reach RS2 works with any amount of rovers and is compatible with Reach RS+ and M+. basically it can transmit in ntrip/tcp on it's own has built in modem or lora compatible radio.
Seems like there is a translation barrier there, but I think you get it now. The end goal is a stream of RTCM 3 corrections. It doesn't matter the hardware involved or whether it is over a direct connection to the internet (NTRIP) or just over a network (TCP). The problem with LoRa radios is how each manufacturer has protected it's signal and how they define "channels"? Some allow you to input a specific frequency and other just supply a list of 10-15 suitable channels of which you won't know the actual frequency unless you have an engineering buddy on the inside.

Right now I have snip ntrip caster downloaded and installed. thats one of the items I going to need It will work with reach r2. snip's web site got a lot of info I need to go over looks promising. going to need to invest in other equipment besides the reach r2 for basic standalone rtk operation. mini computer and wifi router. operating at 5g.

Right now I have snip ntrip caster downloaded and installed. thats one of the items I going to need It will work with reach r2. snip's web site got a lot of info I need to go over looks promising. going to need to invest in other equipment besides the reach r2 for basic standalone rtk operation. mini computer and wifi router. operating at 5g.
Emlid has their own caster.

got the line with veritgo drones they got a bad batch of e30zx cameras in will not get green light on camera they tried multi sd cards no go they are shipping them back to yuneec. there is a issue with h520e rtk they are working on accuracy issue of 5 inches trying to get it down to atleast 3 cm. emild or trimble is in talks with yuneec to supply the base station. according to vertigo reach r2 from emlid is compatible with the h520e. issues with the yuneec rrtk h520e is rtk antenna placement with the slight angle of the antenna.

I know two individuals in Central Texas that got some of those bad ones and I know one got replaced and is working.

The accuracy issue doesn't surprise me if they were running RTK off their base. Undoubtedly they will continue to tweak as use increases.

If regarding RTK the idea of allowing Emlid or Trimble to integrate is very surprising at this stage of the game as they each have their own proprietary LoRa radio transmissions. According to my sources at Emlid the only discussions are for PPK and PPK via NTRIP casting is already viable. If they are also having radio antenna issues the everything that has been sold needs to be recalled.

Reactions: Mike Irish
well I do have reservations with the current rtk antenna placement looks like a potential for breaking the top shell of the h520e the antenna does not look like it supported as it should at attachment point to the h520e to much flexing can happen. the top shell may need a redo with the rtk antenna mount flushed 90 degree to level surface and the base of the rtk antenna mount as wide as the antenna and the antenna sets flush to the shell.

well I do have reservations with the current rtk antenna placement looks like a potential for breaking the top shell of the h520e the antenna does not look like it supported as it should at attachment point to the h520e to much flexing can happen. the top shell may need a redo with the rtk antenna mount flushed 90 degree to level surface and the base of the rtk antenna mount as wide as the antenna and the antenna sets flush to the shell.
I haven't seen any retail models myself and have seen a couple of different versions marketed, but if it is the one with the helical antenna slightly off the surface then that is a poorly engineered design for sure. The fact that the antenna appears to be slanted forward is also a problem as it only gets worse with the tilt of the drone at speed. If they are running off of two separate GNSS modules that would be doubly bad. It seems more likely that there is one module that is either running RTK or a single solution which would be the same as the previous models. Similar to how the Phantom 4 RTK is built.

if they did the top shell like the h920 that may be a better way of going at it. or better yet take more time but redo the h920 to h920e rtk with a slightly higher gps tower in front where rtk antenna can be mounted.

Reactions: chascoadmin
also for rtk accuracy slower flight speed may be better lower the speed lower the tilt of the airframe (same with the tilt of the rtk antenna with respect to the ground) in the direction of travel. limitations in wind speed and direction may come into account.

Here we have the first Prototypes of the H520E RTK and the H920E flying in the Netherlands.
Hi, I ordered an H520E RTK but I can't find much more detailed information material on both the positioning system and the E90X camera, where can I find it?? Thank you very much

well my e30zx has shipped to me it will arrive when I am on vacation though.
We'll have to compare notes by and by. The little I've been able to test the E30ZX due to weather, the zoom and stability are great. However, at full zoom, it is very touchy trying to adjust the cam direction. I'm hoping they update the firmware to allow more granular control. BTW, the E90X at 8X digital zoom produces fairly decent pics.

And you are getting entirely too many vacations, lol...

I have three weeks of vacations from work on a normal year I just spread them out one week at a time over the year. this year different company gave it workers pending on risk from covid 80hrs to take off work as needed. on top of existing paid sick leave . those who are at higher risk got 120 hours of paid time off to be used as they see fit. if they do not use that time they will get paid out in july 2021. for me time off is more valuable than the additional pay so after this week i still have 40 hours to take off or get paid in july. My 3 weeks vacation time renews in march 14th of this year. unlike covid which cashes out at july and paid sick leave which cashes out of you have more than 40hours saved up by end of october I have 40hr covid left and 64 hours of sick time and will have over 80 by october. I would loose the 40hrs I have for vacation time no payout if I do not use it before march 14th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval