Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E differences from H520

Will that do the 4.4v per cell that required for h520e flight batteries.
Yes, it can charge LIHV batteries.
Has also a Bluetooth connection, and an app for smartphones from where you can manage almost all the function of the charger.
Here the adapters: Post in thread 'H520 Muliport Charger' H520 Muliport Charger

• Sad
Reactions: chascoadmin
here in the US there is one series of chargers that can hit the 4.4v mark they are made by protek rc. I have a single version and quad version with modified oem h520e charge cubes been working fine so far.

Here is an educational video highlighting upgrades of the H520E compared to the H520

As one of North America's fastest growing distributors and integrators for unmanned aerial systems we are 100% committed to our client experience through a multi-faceted approach. Empire Drone offers end-to-end enterprise drone program support including; enterprise sales, training, maintenance, repairs, and leasing while providing industry-leading support resources.

Here is an educational video highlighting upgrades of the H520E compared to the H520

As one of North America's fastest growing distributors and integrators for unmanned aerial systems we are 100% committed to our client experience through a multi-faceted approach. Empire Drone offers end-to-end enterprise drone program support including; enterprise sales, training, maintenance, repairs, and leasing while providing industry-leading support resources.

Since you do enterprise systems, it would be a great help if you could lend some assistance and advice to our members in the H520e forum. There have been issues with EXIF data being incorrect and the typical lack of documentation from the parent company that you might possibly be able to help shed some light on.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Once you have downloaded the logs from your base station and rover (drone) you will need to use a post-processing software like RTKLIB or EZSurv to convert the files to obtain the data that will be used to re-geotag the photos with the processed coordinates. RTKLIB is free and EZSurv is a paid for service so Free = More manual clicking and Paid = some automation. Once I have the H520E RTK in hand and get an idea of their configuration I will post with the specific workflow. I will be testing the RTK vs PPK results and will keep my fingers crossed that the GNSS hardware is good enough to maintain RTK corrections 99.5% of the time. If not then we'll just keep doing what we're doing.
Hello;
Has there been any improvement regarding PPK processing?

Will the H3 charger work with the H520E batteries? The H3 appear to be the old cells with the new connector instead of "Li-Ion".

Last edited:
h3 charger is not fully compatible. it can be used to set the battery in to acceptable storage levels. charging h520e on the h3 charger will leave it short of a full charge. so far there are 2 options one is multi yuneec oem h520e charging cubes to charge the batteries for flight and use a h3 charger for storage usage. 2nd is h3 h520e charging leads are now for sale by yuneec skins for third party chargers however third party chargers must support 4.4 volts per cell for a full charge battery.

h3 charger is not fully compatible. it can be used to set the battery in to acceptable storage levels. charging h520e on the h3 charger will leave it short of a full charge. so far there are 2 options one is multi yuneec oem h520e charging cubes to charge the batteries for flight and use a h3 charger for storage usage. 2nd is h3 h520e charging leads are now for sale by yuneec skins for third party chargers however third party chargers must support 4.4 volts per cell for a full charge battery.
That's what I was afraid of. Looks like i'll have to order a fleet of chargers. I knew this would happen. Does anyone here have a multi-charger setup for the H520E?

h3 charger is not fully compatible. it can be used to set the battery in to acceptable storage levels. charging h520e on the h3 charger will leave it short of a full charge.
Where did you get this information? I just got a message back from one of my Yuneec contacts and the H3 charger should work fine with the H520E battery. There is no difference in the rate, capacity or balance of the charging.

yuneec europe. the h3 charger cuts off at 4.35v per for the h3 battery while the h520e battery the voltage is 4.4 volts per cell the h3 charger is .05 volts short. If you look at the back of the battery it's listed as 4.4 volts. get your hands on a h3 battery it listed as 4.35 volts.

yuneec europe. the h3 charger cuts off at 4.35v per for the h3 battery while the h520e battery the voltage is 4.4 volts per cell the h3 charger is .05 volts short. If you look at the back of the battery it's listed as 4.4 volts. get your hands on a h3 battery it listed as 4.35 volts.
I ordered one so we'll see.

I have 4 h520e cubes and a h3 charger. the h520e cubes have been modified to run off a third party charger or it's own power but not both at the same time. Used the yuneec hack from terrestrial imaging. I also have 4 h3 batteries and 2 h520e batteries. h3 battery will get you 22 min to 23 min with e90x. I have hit 24min to 27 min with h520e battery with e90x. With the 30x optical zoom cam you get about 20min to 21 min with the h3 battery. with the h520e battery you get about 24 min. times are at 15 percent mark on when using data pilot. when the rear led starts flashing red. I am in the position to land by the 16 percent mark.

I believe commercial UAV Remote Pilots will be especially interested in the 520E, which is beginning to ship.
The new H520E is the second generation in Yuneec's professional line.

Yuneec has redesigned the drone with a completely new
processor with increased computing power in its existing and proven design,
preparing it for the development of new applications and a number of payloads.
The comments and expectations of H520 users have been met by making improvements that
we were hoping for.

LONG RANGE, STABLE CONNECTION
One of the most substantial improvements that will be welcomed by all users is
the range - it has been more than doubled by using OFDM signal modulation
technology. The result of using this solution in the new H520E is an extension of
transmission range up to 7 km for American models (3.5 km for European models)
and increase of connection stability in locations with high amount of radio
interference (e.g. in cities). Yuneec has also used a different kind of antenna,
and relocated to the bottom of the arm endings. The black OFDM module can be
seen under the hull.

H520E RTK - MORE THAN ACCURATE
H520E will also appear in a variant with RTK support. This system allows you to
make photogrammetric surveys of exceptional precision, in the range of 1-1.5cm.
It will be willingly used by surveyors and other users who create professional,
accurate orthophotomaps, 3D models or other surveying or construction
documentation. Moreover, the use of RTK allows to improve the drone's stability
in places where errors in reading the position from GPS can occur due to
reflected signals (so called multi-path error), e.g. next to tall buildings or in
canyons. Yuneec does not forget about existing users and at the same time
introduces the long-awaited RTK upgrade to previous H520 models.

A PORT FOR CAMERAS AND SENSORS TO MEET FUTURE NEEDS
Looking at the new H520E, an attentive observer will also see that payload is
mounted in a new way. First of all, the old gimbal plates have been replaced by a
wider, openwork construction containing 6 (compared to the previous four) oil
dampeners. Secondly, this structure is permanently attached to the drone and the
cameras are replaced by an advanced mounting system based on a rotating locking
ring. This has allowed the use of a new payload connector with 30 pins instead of
the previous six. This gives greater expandability, and opens up a lot of room
for the suppliers of unusual devices and sensors, who, using the SDK and the new
connector, will be able to retrofit the H520E with more payloads, extending the
drone's functionality almost infinitely.

H520E PROCESSOR POWER
In order to cope with the additional tasks and loads that may be involved, the
drone's main processors and equipment have been replaced by new units with
significantly increased computing power. The controller in the new edition
received a modern quad-core processor.

CHANGE OF POWER SYSTEM
The drone's power system has also been refreshed. First of all, the battery
capacity has been increased to 6200mAh, so the maximum flight time has been
extended to 25-30 minutes. Yuneec also used a new battery connector already known
from Yuneec H3, which increases the level of safety and maintains better
parameters at high load. In addition, the drone is equipped with a sensor for
correct battery installation, so the user will receive a warning, and the drone
will not start if the battery is not installed correctly.

The DataPilot application has been adapted to handle novel functionalities -
several new items have appeared in the menu, including GNSS-RTK, where the user
can set up Network RTK communication or communication with his own base station,
and special sub-menus for handling unusual payloads, such as a load drop system.
The proven design and layout of the DataPilot function has been maintained
roughly unchanged, while maintaining its rich functionality - especially in terms
of precise planning of various types of autonomous flights.

H520E
YCAP - A WORLD OF NEW DEVICES WORKING FOR H520E
Yuneec has established the official YCAP (Yuneec Certified Accessory Program) for
external devices for H520E, so that manufacturers of accessories and payloads for
H520E can certify their products. This will ensure full compatibility,
integration and safety of these accessories. At the same time the manufacturers
are provided by Yuneec with tools and support in developing the best possible
solutions. So we can expect the emergence of devices such as tethered power
systems, multi-spectral and gas sensors, payload release systems and much more.

NEW GENERATION
The new generation H520E builds on the best features of the older version - a
stable six-rotor design, very advanced autonomous flight planning software, a
proven PX4 flight controller and a practical ST16S controller. However, the
individual components have been improved and adapted to the requirements of the
drones of the future. With its extended range, RTK options, extended flight time
and other improvements, as well as the infinite possibilities for external
payloads, the H520E is ideal for almost any professional application.

As many forum members remember, U.S. pilots and technicians based in Las Vegas
were largely responsible for the original H520 final product.
What is the payload capability (without a camera gimbal installed)? The website does not give maximum takeoff weight.

Two things I wish they would put on these would be a pilots camera so that when the UAS is still in line of site, but it is far enough out that it is hard to get a feel for distance away from objects, like tree limbs. The other is more then just forward radar.

The extended range is nice, but I seem to lose the camera signal on my 520 long before I reach the end of its flight range. Did they boost that also with new antennae configuration on the E?

Where are people purchasing their E's in the U.S.? Would kind of like to go with a reseller to maybe get a cheaper price, since Yuneec wants $2400 just for the airframe.

Has there been anymore talk on the Remote ID, and if the E will at some point support the capability that it could go beyond line of sight? I saw the articles from May, but it didn't really say much of use, outside of the 520 can get an update that will transmit it through the WiFi, and the 520E will have a free field installable module, though neither seem to meet the requirement for going outside of line of site.

Well I have met with three of the top yuneec execs via zoom meeting at vertigo drones. 6-18-21. This was regarding to the h520e firmware update issue. Also reaching out to them on remote Id. Remote Id for h520 first gen is firmware upgrade. H520e is hardware and firmware upgrades. That will require h520e being sent in to yuneec directly or vertigo drones. yes a fpv camera in front would be nice for team mode usage. h520e does have longer range for video feed pending the area being flown in. they have switched from a patch like antenna to more of omni on the arms I have yet to see how that works. As for vendors for h520e are adorama , empire drones , vertigo drones and b@h. the air frame will run around 2400.00

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop