Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E RTK help

I am an owner of a h520e rtk for a few days but I did not think that there was such a great abandonment of its customers by yuneec, lu will lose all between dji and autel. Is it possible that there is no in-depth manual on rtk and ppk? I found a converter in the sdcard because, is there any procedure to make the files compatible? bohhhhhh assistance is non-existent !!! Rtk is ok but how do i see the accuracy in real time???
The re is someone that can help me to understand something about this h520e??thankss
I'm also an owner of a H520e since December 2020 and you are so correct. Customer service is almost nonexistent with Yuneec and their website I had to going through the website designers to get them to respond to my emails. I have emailed customer service many times about the OFDM firmware not uploading and micro sd card problems and their lightly written manual doesn't cover a fiction of what you need to know about this bird. I wish you the best of luck as well take care!

Is it always "exactly" 30cm? Can you set the done on a GCP and check? The offset from the sensor to the ground is 7.5cm and the sensor to phase center of the antenna is about 21cm. Sorry but we have not seen this so I'm not much help.
We don't do much with the RTK portion, but instead are using a PPK process. This involves doing some conversions with the PPK Timestamp text file, and we are seeing a repeatable one foot error (or blunder) in the elevation. Every other aspect of the process is well within accuracy expectations, the relative accuracy in all three dimensions is as expected, the absolute accuracy of the XY is within expectation, the absolute accuracy of the Z (elevation) misses our GCP by one foot, which is the same as the 30 cm noted in this discussion. We will be doing what was suggested with taking some photographs with the UAV on the GCP. One photograph with the UAV facing due north and sitting plumb, one with the UAV facing due north and leaning as far northerly as possible, and one with the UAV facing due north and leaning due east. We are trying to better understand the values represent in the timestamp file.

We don't do much with the RTK portion, but instead are using a PPK process. This involves doing some conversions with the PPK Timestamp text file, and we are seeing a repeatable one foot error (or blunder) in the elevation. Every other aspect of the process is well within accuracy expectations, the relative accuracy in all three dimensions is as expected, the absolute accuracy of the XY is within expectation, the absolute accuracy of the Z (elevation) misses our GCP by one foot, which is the same as the 30 cm noted in this discussion. We will be doing what was suggested with taking some photographs with the UAV on the GCP. One photograph with the UAV facing due north and sitting plumb, one with the UAV facing due north and leaning as far northerly as possible, and one with the UAV facing due north and leaning due east. We are trying to better understand the values represent in the timestamp file.

What software are you using to PPK process your flight? I have been using REDToolBox and no matter what I do, I get about 1 foot vertical as well.

We are using the Emlid Suite software, which isn't compatible with the native Yuneec rover logging file or the PPKtimestamp.txt file that are written to the SD card. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to host a virtual teams meeting and share our process. Especially, if others would be willing to share some of the results of their intelligent time investment. Please let me know.

Reactions: WALTM78
We are using the Emlid Suite software, which isn't compatible with the native Yuneec rover logging file or the PPKtimestamp.txt file that are written to the SD card. If anyone is interested, I would be happy to host a virtual teams meeting and share our process. Especially, if others would be willing to share some of the results of their intelligent time investment. Please let me know.
I am very open to a conversation about this! We recently got our H520E upgraded to use RTK but without any guidance from the vendor or Yuneec regarding post-processing, it's not helpful. Our goal is to produce a survey-grade product using less GCP's like we get from our Wingtra and WISPR drones (both which are PPK processed).

I am very open to a conversation about this! We recently got our H520E upgraded to use RTK but without any guidance from the vendor or Yuneec regarding post-processing, it's not helpful. Our goal is to produce a survey-grade product using less GCP's like we get from our Wingtra and WISPR drones (both which are PPK processed).
I am happy to help. Maybe we can set up a time for next week. If anyone else is interested in joining and watching my presentation of how we do PPK with Yuneec H520E RTK, please let us know and we can make this somewhat inclusive or fully.

Reactions: WALTM78

I'm following

OK, So here is the plan then. I will put together a Teams virtual meeting and lead a discussion and present how we process PPK with the H520E RTK information and Emlid suite. I will try and get this together for next week. If anyone wants an invite please say so here. I think I can see folks email addresses via their profiles. If not, I may be asking for folks to email me.

Well, I can't see folks email addresses. Let me think on this and I will let you know how you can provide it so you aren't giving your email address to the WORLD.....

Well, I can't see folks email addresses. Let me think on this and I will let you know how you can provide it so you aren't giving your email address to the WORLD.....
Those interested can send you their email address in Conversation here. That is not open to the web.

Reactions: Pier2162
Hello everyone, so my plan is to have a virtual Teams meeting next week, likely on Wednesday or Thursday around 10 am or 12 pm pacific standard time. I will have a data set from a Yuneec H520E RTK flight, and a static gps file and i will walk everyone through how we process the PPK portion and share with everyone the little bits of wisdom we have learned along the way. If you are interested in an invite, please email me at

[email protected]

Please use the subject: Yuneec PPK Invite

This will allow me to quickly filter emails and get everyone an invite.

I look forward to this and hope we all learn something.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval