Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H920 flir thermal camera adapters

Reaction score
Hi All,
Could you please tell me is there any option to adapt Flir Dou Pro R or just single Flir thermal cameras to H920??

Regards
Karol

Those would both require custom installation. The aircraft can comfortably carry them but mounting, gimbal control, and image transmission would be up to your creativity.

Perhaps something for your inspiration?

Jorgen Klausgaard built a double gimbal for the H520. As far as I know, he's "capturing" the gimbal control settings from the CGOET, processes it in a custom electronics and finally controls the tarot gimbal with the FLIR in parallel to the cgoet. Might be an approach to get what you want.

Reactions: Russell Smith
Perhaps something for your inspiration?

Jorgen Klausgaard built a double gimbal for the H520. As far as I know, he's "capturing" the gimbal control settings from the CGOET, processes it in a custom electronics and finally controls the tarot gimbal with the FLIR in parallel to the cgoet. Might be an approach to get what you want.
I like this but how much has it degraded the flight time... battery wise...

If someone was to translate and transfer the gimbal pulse width code from a CGO board to a secondary gimbal control board impacts on flight time would be minimal beyond the impact that a heavier FLIR camera would induce.

Something I think most of us fail to consider is that regardless of how tricky Yuneec tries to be with concealing and restricting access to things the entire system ultimately functions just like an RC airplane radio system, commanding servos to move to positions based on digital or analog pulse width signals. Once the command signal reaches whatever is used to interpret the signal the command is broken down into a standard time/signal format.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0verload and APack

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval