Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hacking Any Bluetooth gamepad to Breeze

Reaction score
hello hello my friends I am new to the breeze scene had very successful flights yesterday and have been researching and lurking the forums for the past 24 hours in a frenzy.

it is unfortunate to hear of so many people people are having connection issues with the WiFi and I hope this does not happen to me, fingers crossed.

I am making this thread because I would like to brainstorm with people on how to connect any Bluetooth controller to the breeze app.

I have attempted a generic Logitech Bluetooth PlayStation 3 and Xbox One controller. I was able to connect all to my phone but not to make a connection in the app as I assume the breeze has custom Calls to their controller.

if anybody knows which files to attempt to access that might control how the software looks for a Bluetooth controller could you please list them?

Also if anybody has the proprietary controller for the breeze what does that controllers name display when you search for it on your Bluetooth phone?

the solution could be as simple as changing your Bluetooth controllers name to whatever the y u n e e c branded controller displays as.

Thank you for your time and input, let's solve this problem!

Hello again, friends,

I was able to notice signal input from an Xbox One Bluetooth wireless controller within the Breeze Cam app.

My steps were as follows:

1. Turn on Breeze with 3 second power button hold until beeps
2. Wait for green LED to indicate wifi network available
3. Connect phone (Android s7e) to breeze
4. Open breeze cam app on phone
5. Enter FPV mode
6. Hit Experience Now
7. Hit gamepad icon in circle border on bottom right of screen
8. Wait for first signal sign that mentions attempts to connect/search for BT controller
9. The dialog box fades
10. 2-3 seconds later a dialog box will appear for a split second before dissapearing, it mentions that it failed to connect to gamepad
11. Pressing Trigger buttons will activate selections on the Breeze Cam App at this point

Shoulder buttons and triggers seem to input into the app things like bringing up the keyboard or switching between FPV VR or phone mount

Its a step in the right direction, hope to have more time to experiment.

Reactions: Brent D
From what I understand the app is not using a standard Bluetooth controller API. Some people bought the non Yuneec branded Gamesir G3s controller on its own but couldn't get it to function properly. Such a shame they bundled it with the FPV headset!

From what I understand the app is not using a standard Bluetooth controller API. Some people bought the non Yuneec branded Gamesir G3s controller on its own but couldn't get it to function properly. Such a shame they bundled it with the FPV headset!

Hello, sir,

When you say that the breeze does not use a standard bluetooth controller API, would you be able to please link me where you found that verification?

I find it interesting that the Xbox One controller is able to input commands into the app, though they arent "take off" or "movement" related commands, it seems to be selection oriented commands.

Id be happy to know if its even possible to edit the API for the app.

Hello, sir,

When you say that the breeze does not use a standard bluetooth controller API, would you be able to please link me where you found that verification?

I find it interesting that the Xbox One controller is able to input commands into the app, though they arent "take off" or "movement" related commands, it seems to be selection oriented commands.

Id be happy to know if its even possible to edit the API for the app.
Message 157 on here
Yuneec Breeze Discussion Thread - Page 11 - RC Groups

If you could just buy a $30 Gamesir G3s, why would you need to buy the Yuneec branded FPV kit with the Goggles!!!

I got just the controller at bestbuy for 39.00 it makes flying the breeze a breeze.

It's easy if you have an Android phone.

1.Install Tincore Keymapper or Game Controller 2 Touch,
( can be downloaded form Google Play)

2.Connect Your BT Controller

3.Open breeze cam app and enter pliot mode

4.Create Your Keymaps,Save & Apply It

Also if anybody has the proprietary controller for the breeze what does that controllers name display when you search for it on your Bluetooth phone?

I have the Yuneec branded controller that I purchased from Best Buy. When I connect the controller to my iPhone 6 via Bluetooth, the device is displayed as 'Gamesir-G3BLE'.

I've got the Yuneec controller, which is recognized as a Gamesir G3 in Bluetooth. I tried Tincore Keymapper, but it's a confusing nightmare. Keeps saying Tincore IME required, but have no idea where to enable it. Game Controller 2 Touch looks like it would work, but won't exactly emulate the Yuneec controller, and won't be able to use it with 3D glasses. Does anyone know how Tincore works? How to read the existing joystick, and then map it to another joystick? I have a rooted device, so is there a way to find and copy the config somewhere?

Just got my breeze this week, lot of fun. Hooked up my old note 2 with ps3 controller mount and tincore. Only thing i cant control is the camera angle. Works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval