Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

happy happy joy joy

• Thread starter Deleted member 19815
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19815

the wind died down this after noon and it hit plus 10 C
did a compass calibration twice to be as accurate as possible..

all systems green, and she lifted off majestically .. legs up ..all good..
a few lazy 8s around the yard controls are light and the bird responds well..
test come home, bird climbs to 20 feet, returns and lands a few feet from takeoff point..self cuts motors..smooth as silk even with the odd gust..
packed it up and took it back into the house before i got any bright ideas..

will put the camera on and run it through a few short flights tomorrow if the weather holds..

so far really pleased with the Tornado h+

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
Try not to fly it without a payload. The system is designed to function best with the weight of the camera and gimbal included.

Good to see you got some air time[emoji4]

I told myself it would be easier to do the compass calibration with the camera off knowing from reading this very forum, that there would be a noticeable whining / ringing emanating from the craft..something to do with the ESC
timings and expected load resistance...truth is closer to me being afraid to risk both the cam and the bird on a first flight..heh..

Reactions: PatR and Steve Carr
OK a little off-topic, but I noticed the headline - "happy happy joy joy" - is that a reference to the Ren & Stimpy cartoon from the 1990's?? That cartoon has some sick humor but very funny. And sadly I am old enough to remember it well : )

Reactions: Gunit
OK a little off-topic, but I noticed the headline - "happy happy joy joy" - is that a reference to the Ren & Stimpy cartoon from the 1990's?? That cartoon has some sick humor but very funny. And sadly I am old enough to remember it well : )

yup..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diagram overseer